+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Warrior - Advice on next upgrade

Prot Warrior - Advice on next upgrade

Hey,

well I've improved quite a bit, I've gotten my armor up, and ehp up, I've 101 frost emblems at the moment, and I'm wondering what I should be shooting for as of right now:

Take a look at my armory / wow-heroes.

GS 3015 on wow heroes..

I've noticed my hit rating is pretty under-bar. What should I change in my gems for that one? Thanks a bunch!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&cn=Dezmathio

Buy the badge chest other then that your tier helm and thats it that i can see.
    level up BS and mining, not having max professions is a large loss in EH
    Get the pillars of might crafter, you will not replace them untill cat
    health to chest is better then 10 stats
    why do you have a def/stam gem in your gloves when your at 573 def
    do you have a red gem to activate your meta?
    i also dont like your shield enchant

GS is meaningless it has no bearing on how good your gear is. Plenty of lower ilvl items are better then their higher counterparts.

Your hit is fine you even have the glyph of taunt to help out. It would be nice if you got more on your gear mabey on a ring or something, heroic boat 10 has one.

Badge Chest
    Tier Helm
    Tier Chest
    If Tier Hands haven't dropped from VoA (10 or 25) then finally those.

Then work on getting marks of sanctification for the Tier Chest/Helm/Shoulders and finally, if you get a 4th and the sanctified gloves still haven't dropped from VoA25, those.

Then work on heroic marks. Chest and hands first, at the 277 level you'll replace the badge chest/hands and complete the 4pc set

Hit at 159 is fine. Glyph taunt (or swap in for taunt fights if you need it) and you're good. If you have threat issues - hit/exp is probably not the reason why. Swapping the devestate glyph for the blocking glyph would be more effective.

Max your professions. You're missing out on 120 stamina and the ability to craft your own gear (saving G)

Gloves need the +sta enchant and drop the +def gem, you don't really need it.
    Helm - Do you have a red? If not throw the +Dodge/Sta gem in your helm when you upgrade to the T-helm, until then, find a red slot somewhere else.
    Chest - Agree - +275 hp
    Lets - Agree - Pillars. You're mining and BS, you can create all the titansteel you need plus farm the eternals from mining saronite. Buy the 9 primordials (8 for the legs and 1 for the recipe) and you're good if you don't have any primordial drops.
    Feet - do you run 25 through VDW? If not, the crafted 264s are a good option
    Shield - Agree - should be + Sta

To watch out for - Pillars and the Upheval boots don't have defense, so you'll need to watch to make sure you stay above 536. Shouldn't be a problem with your gear though. Until you go for the 4pc, then just make sure you look at what you need. If you're close, a couple of hybrid +Def/+Sta gems may be the way to go with high socket bonuses - it may be cheaper than a pure +def enchant. You'll need to pay attention at that point.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

By not liking my shield enchant, could you suggest a better one?

I'll try to work on mining/bs now.

18 stamina to shield like loganisis said

nvm, thank you so much for your input!

+ Reply to Thread