+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rage and aggro problem at lower levels

rage and aggro problem at lower levels

Hello everybody,
    I hava a lvl 25 prot warrior.Up till recently I didnt have problems with tanking in the instances but last few times I've come to realize that I have hard time tanking with several mobs around. I get constantly rage starved and I lose aggro to dps, although I get it back for some time later when I get enough rage for thunderclap. I use demo shout, thunderclap and then trying to put sunder armor on everyone but I always lose some mobs on the way. Can someone please give me suggestion on how to not get rage starved and keep the mobs on me on low level?

I find it useful when i'm losing rage to pop shield block. if you have 5/5 into Sheild Specialization every block gives you 5 rage, also i have a Bloodrage and taunt macro coupled with the Glyph of Bloodrage is an easy way to start with 30ish rage. Are you using Revenge ar cleave when fighting multiple mobs, i keep changing the mob on which i use one of these abilities.

*Disclaimer= i am only a lvl 29 prot warrior and this is my first time rolling one, so my advice is only what i have found to work in my case.

Glyph of Sunder Armor is fairly helpful, as it sunders a second target too. This might help with your rage problems at these low levels.

Until you hit outlands, you can tank in arms with a 2H weapon. I have seen a ton of ret-paladins tanking old-world content... so I wouldn't worry about it.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    Until you hit outlands, you can tank in arms with a 2H weapon. I have seen a ton of ret-paladins tanking old-world content... so I wouldn't worry about it.
    Or at the very least, you can use a DPS spec while wearing a 1h weapon and shield, I've seen that too.

As was said, a "real" tank isn't really needed; you don't have a lot of talent points to be a "proper" tank at that level, and blizzard made allowances for that.

thanks

thanks for the advice guys!
    It is not really a big problem, we never wiped cause I taunt and get mobs back on me,but I just get really pissed off when I lose any aggro whatsoever. Also sometimes I get a paladin who will consecrate immediately after my first attack
    As I level up would it be become easier to aoe tank?

You really don't have a full suite of tanking tools until you hit level 41 or so. Life becomes easier after that.

Your problem is that you are prot. Up untill level 80 heroics you can tank any instance as fury or arms in prot gear. The instances were designed especially those below 60 with this in mind. Just level as a dps spec and switch to a sword and board when your doing instances.

As I am just lvling as a prot I can tell you that's just normal. Apart from that I never had aggro issues on lowlvls it's just the case that you are struggling with rage until you get warbringer which allows you to charge into groups without stance dancing and having the advantage of all the rage gained. As soon as you step into outlands all your sorrows will be gone.
    Some already mentioned it, but Glyph of Sunder Armor is good for cheap AOE aggro push and you can also use charge in battlestance, drop a thundeclap and switch back into defstance; that will give you some initial aggro and some air to wait for more rage to come

It helps to mark a target so you can auto-attack until you get enough rage for Thunderclap if Bloodrage is on cooldown. But I use Bloodrage pretty much every single cooldown when working on trash, and use (macro'd) Shield Block & Thunderclap (or just Tclap if SB is on cooldown). I have glyph of sunder armor and it seems to help a lot with spreading aggro around. My little baby warrior is lvl 21

+ Reply to Thread