+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dps spec

dps spec

i would like to know if this is a good hunter spec or not. i would like to get some feedback on some changes i can do to improve this spec.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#cxoZze...uAox00b:afiz0V

you probably should compare it to http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...ter-Raid-Guide and see why you have variations from the ones posted in that guide, and if it's worth it. read that guide it'll explain a lot.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Your spec is fine, but I'd move the point from Efficiency to Focused Fire. Efficiency is an okay talent, but Focused Fire is a better dps choice. I'd suggest Glyphing Chim Shot over Hunter's Mark.

does the guide work with ICC raid?

It's a guide on spec, rotation, glyphs, etc.

Works with hunters.

thanks

don't glyph hunter's mark if you aren't taking improved imo. Trueshot Aura or Improved Hawk is what you want in there. Other than that 1 point which was already discussed you have the optimal hunter spec. (if you have sufficient armorpen, which I'm assuming you do if you are using this spec.)

Quote Originally Posted by Schmevan View Post
    don't glyph hunter's mark if you aren't taking improved imo. Trueshot Aura or Improved Hawk is what you want in there.
    Err, what? You don't want either of those glyphs. The ideal MM Glyphs are Serpent, Steady, and Kill for ICC content (with Hawk as a very fringe outside possibility for encounters like H-LK).

Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    First off, you don't have the Armor Penetration to even be thinking about gemming for it. You're also using Agi/Stam gems, which is bad. Like, really bad.

Sub-850+ ArPen on Gear MM Gemming in a Nutshell:
    0) Meta is Relentless Earthsiege, period, end of story.
    1) Every red socket gets a 20 Agi gem
    2) Your best blue socket (99% of cases this is your T9 pants) gets a Nightmare Tear
    3) Every other blue socket gets a 20 Agi gem
    4) Any Yellow socket with a socket bonus of +4 Agi or more per yellow gem required gets a Deadly Ametrine
    5) Any empty slots get a 20 Agi gem

The next thing you need to do is ditch Coif of the Brooding Dragon for your T9 helm, and if you can get into ToC25, get a trophy and get the 245 version. The threshold for MM Hunters to drop the 2p T9 bonus is ridiculously high - usually requiring 3 pieces of 264 T10, pants from LDW (or the crafted ones), and Festergut's belt.

As for spec: This is what you want for you, this is what you want for your wolf.

As your gear gets better and you lose hit rating, pull points out of Improved Steady Shot and into Focused Aim. As MM, it is almost always a DPS gain to use better, no-Hit gear and spec into Focused Aim than try to kludge together a gearset that gives 8% hit.

+ Reply to Thread