+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Got the Rimefang, but...

Got the Rimefang, but...

my guild is telling me not to enchant it yet and wait until I run Halls of Reflection and get the Falric's Wrist Chopper instead because they're wanting me to be a MT/OT for when they run ICC.

They said that the Dodge on the Rimefang will be made useless once I start running ICC because ICC takes away 20% of your Dodge? I'm a little confused about that and I need your guy's suggestion on what I should do. Keep the Rimefang and enchant it, or keep it, run Halls of Reflection, get the Falric's Wrist Chopper enchant it, and keep both enchanted?

Quite a decision to make but I run Pit of Saron daily so it's fine if I vendor the Rimefang.

They are both the exact same.

Falrics has block value, while Rimefangs has parry. Nothing more and nothing less.

Dodge is still useful in ICC, 1% dodge out of ICC is still 1% dodge in ICC. The debuff is applied after diminishing returns so if you had 25% dodge out of ICC you will have 5% inside but that does not diminish the value of dodge since it is still better than parry. So if you get an upgrade that gives 1% dodge than your total would be 6%.

So I'm guessing you're saying that keeping the Rimefang is still good if I had the Falric's Wrist Chopper correct? If so, I'll just enchant my Rimefang.

yes, Dodge, does not get made "worse" by ICC, it just got chopped down by 20%. As long as you're above 20% dodge going in, additional dodge, functions EXACTLY the same as outside of ICC, it reduces your chance to be hit by a melee swing by x%.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Keep in mind that if you are human, you'd rather have Rimefang's Claw, and if you are orc, you'd rather have Falric's Wrist Chopper, because of the racial expertise bonus. Any other race, there's very little difference, though most people go with Rimefang's given that block rating is not all that exciting in raid content.

Rimefang's has a tiny DPS increase over wrist chopper I believe XD

Seriously though, your guild is misguided on the ICC debfuff mechanics, which isn't uncommon as you first work through it. Dodge's value isn't decrease by 20%, the amount of it you have is decrease by a flat 20 percentage points as Kaz points out.

This means that you still get more dodge per point of dodge rating than parry per point of parry rating, but that your 'base' is lower.

As long as you walk into ICC with 20.01% dodge, Dodge > Parry in ICC.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Thanks for the input Kazeyonoma! I'll keep my Rimefang then because as of right now, I don't think I can tank Heroic Halls of Reflection. Another question is that, what should I enchant my Rimefang with? Blood draining, Bladeward, Mongoose?

Quote Originally Posted by pvn23 View Post
    Thanks for the input Kazeyonoma! I'll keep my Rimefang then because as of right now, I don't think I can tank Heroic Halls of Reflection. Another question is that, what should I enchant my Rimefang with? Blood draining, Bladeward, Mongoose?
    Pally = Mongoose
    Warrior = Blood Draining

Is more or less the general flavor. Though some prefer accuracy (+25 hit / +25 crit), others bladward, and a few agility. But mongoose' uptime makes very good for pallys and blood draining may be very useful as you learn ICC. Though it has a very high mat cost, so until you get a 251 wep or the 245 sword from Anub in ToC10, you may want to put something else on it. Personal preference though, if G isn't an issue, drop blood draining on it as a warrior.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

+ Reply to Thread