+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Strange Computer Error Message HELP!

Strange Computer Error Message HELP!

A pop up said "Can not start application. Contact the application vendor."

The following are the details that I requested:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows : 5.1.2600.196608 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime : 2.0.50727.3603
    System.Deployment.dll : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    mscorwks.dll : 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
    dfdll.dll : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    dfshim.dll : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

SOURCES
    Deployment url : file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Patrick%20Griffith/Start%20Menu/Programs/Startup/CurseClientStartup.ccip

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of C:\Documents and Settings\Patrick Griffith\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\CurseClientStartup.ccip resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
    + The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [15/06/2010 06:34:04 a.m.] : Activation of C:\Documents and Settings\Patrick Griffith\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\CurseClientStartup.ccip has started.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [15/06/2010 06:34:05 a.m.] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
    - The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)
    - Source: System.Deployment
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IStore.GetAss emblyInformation(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity, Guid& riid)
    at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.Store.GetAsse mblyManifest(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetAs semblyManifest(DefinitionIdentity asmId)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetSu bscriptionStateInternal(DefinitionIdentity subId)
    at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.Ge tSubscriptionStateInternal(SubscriptionState subState)
    at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionState.Va lidate()
    at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionState.ge t_IsInstalled()
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .ProcessOrFollowExtension(Uri associatedFile, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.
    Can someone tell me what's wrong and how bad it is?
    Speak out! Ask for Stargate Atlantis to be brought back!
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveSGA/

I can not verify that these will fix your problems as I am at work and can not get to Curse's website but some of these look to be along the correct lines.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Can+not+start+a...r.+%22curse%22
    For those who understand, no explanation is necessary; For those who do not, no explanation is possible.

your computer tried to run the curse client and it looks like it isn't properly installed. At least that is what that tells me.

/offtopic: that google site is great

I tried to reinstall the client and it gives me the same error.

Stupid question, but I gotta ask: did you uninstall first, before reinstalling?

If not, try that.

I tried to uninstall via add and remove programs, but when I'd click the button, it would act like it's loading then stop loading and nothing appear. I had to send it to the recycle bin.

There's possibly some remnant of it still on the computer, maybe registry entries? That could be messing up the reinstall.

+ Reply to Thread