+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Death Knight Tank needs advice!!!

Death Knight Tank needs advice!!!

So, to begin with ....

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cale&cn=Glomin
    (Note: The Strength gem in the weapon will be changed as soon as i get home + A Corroded Skeleton Key will be bought and equiped Instead of the Indominable Trinket)

So. I have quite a huge trouble with generating Threat on multiple targets (on Single Target im better - but its not that great ). I have been tanking ICC 10 Rep run and i didnt manage to hold aggro against a 5,9 k gs mage - he blamed me real bad that i dont know how to play tank and stuff, so I decided to find some help. It may also be because of my spec or rotation. I would like to tank ICC 10 for my Raid Guild (trying to down Blood Council atm - was before DPS ((5643 gs , 7,5 k dps ))). I am also undecided whether to gem Avoidance gems or Stamina ones... (I know its whether i wanna be avoidance tank or not - but i still kinda not understand the avoidance tanking). Thanks

You want Stam, stam and more stam. The trash in ICC is much easier to tank in Frost; but both your specs (Frost and Blood) are a bit odd and your glyphs are a bit off. My blood and frost tank specs are pretty standard (one can argue with few points here and there, but for the most part they're standard).

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Theotherone

Also, you should check out the Death Knight tanking threat by Satorri on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    You want Stam, stam and more stam. The trash in ICC is much easier to tank in Frost; but both your specs (Frost and Blood) are a bit odd and your glyphs are a bit off. My blood and frost tank specs are pretty standard (one can argue with few points here and there, but for the most part they're standard).

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Theotherone

Also, you should check out the Death Knight tanking threat by Satorri on here.
    Thanks for the reply .... my frost spec was "made" by my friend for DPSing with dual wield (i know its kinda odd, but i can deal quite a lot dps - mostly im first on bosses on 25 and 10 man . ) I made my second tanking spec by my "experience" , so it probably is wrong. I never really thought about tanking in frost, because most DKs i have asked told me to tank with Dual Wield on frost only (that if i got 2 hand i should go blood). Anyways thank you for your post i will check it out and try it

I personally don't use that DPS spec for frost imo 1 point in subversion is pointless so I use this http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...7,Iap3eO,11685 instead.

As long as you have the gear for it, it is perfectly fine to tank trash with a DPS spec, I do so in my ICC10/25 raids when I tank on trash. Even to use DPS weapons with DPS runes on them.
    I find with Frost I have much better control over the trash than with Blood, especially since my partner lately is a warrior, so means I have to provide the bulk of the AoE tanking.

It's really Trade chat crap that to tank in Frost you need to DW. I've done both 2h and DW in Frost and saw no difference - maybe a little dps increase in Frost and if you're using two tank weapons, maybe a little increase to tank stats, but 2h is fine. I tank trash in Frost - Raid bosses (for the most part) in Blood. Although I have been tanking the LK fight in Frost - as OT it's more trash fight for me.

+ Reply to Thread