I need help with my prot warrior.First of all His threat with bosses ive tried new rotations new specs and nothing seems to work. Second Whenever im in a boss fight if i have the boss i will die quickly. This is my WoW armory link i have sum good gear and sum from when naxx was "the raid" lol.[http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...okkar&cn=Alad]. If anyone can help me id greatly appreciate it.
Prot warriors don't have a "rotation" per se, it's more of a priority system. Shield Slam is your #1 priority, followed by Revenge, followed by Devastate spam. Burn any excess rage with Heroic Strike (if you're tanking a raid boss, there will be plenty of excess rage).
Some issues with your armory:
- Deep Wounds >>>> Improved Cleave. You also have 0 points in the parry talent, which is a huge no-no - avoidance may not be our #1 stat but you should still be talenting into it. http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LAM00f...rx0didIzsGo:cT is what I use and recommend. There are several variations, and the third glyph slot is flexible (Last Stand, Taunt, Cleaving, Blocking, Vigilance - there are numerous options), but it hits all the core stuff.
- You're missing many enchants, and have poor ones in other spots. Weapon needs an enchant (I would use a weapon chain, or +26 agility for now - once you get a nice weapon, even just Rimefang's, get something nice like Accuracy, Mongoose, or Blood Draining - research what they do and decide what stats you need more). Shield needs a better enchant, try +18 stamina. Shoulders should have the +30 stam PvP enchant, gloves need something (Armsman is OK for threat production, but I prefer +18 stam or +240 armor for a bit more EH), boots should probably have Tuskarr's Vitality, and cloak should have +225 armor.
- Dodge trinket is another bad choice, avoidance is pretty weak in general. Get Black Heart out of reg ToC 5man.
- Don't gem pure avoidance. In fact, most of your gems should be +30 stam ignoring socket bonuses.
- Get those professions up! Profession bonuses are very nice. I would drop Herbalism though, because the heal is not potent enough to be any use to a raider. Enchanting is a good if expensive choice, though.
The problem with that reasoning is that avoidance is not a reliable source of damage reduction. Sure you might dodge the attack, or you could get clobbered with 2 to 3 in a row. Better to have the EH (Effective Health, armor and health) to withstand those hits and give your healers more breathing room.
Well you need one purple gem to activate your meta. Agility or dodge are both options for that, as is expertise if you need threat. Everything else, +30 stam is the best.
And Mining is a very good option for tanks. Blacksmithing and JC are the most flexible PvE professions though, in case you need to DPS - but they require gold, while mining just requires time. Your decision.