+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WoW Community - Getting Old and Cranky?

WoW Community - Getting Old and Cranky?

So I'm looking for some perspective here.

It seems to me that general wow community, typified by the people that you run into in pugs, is getting more and more cranky and less friendly.

Lately I've been leveling up a couple of alts. One in the 20's, another in the 40's and a couple others in the 80's. It seems like more often than not these days when queuing up, that people are irritable and often full of idiocy. Now, I know that the patient achieve was put in for a reason, but it really seems worse than I've experienced in the past. I've run these pugs as both dps and tank, and it seems like I can't pull fast enough when I tank or people are bitching about everything when I dps.

Now, I don't typically think it's my performance. I've lvled up 3 tanks, have been the MT in my guild which got our ICC 10 man drake, and have lots of experience dpsing, usually I'm top dps when I do pugs. So while certainly I could probably improve on a few things, I'm typically not the weak link.

Are other folks seeing the same things? Are folks just more irritable towards the game and any mistakes or lack of performance?

And as a side note, I want to punch the developer in the face that make Arcane Missles a proc. I swear every mage thinks that if they let that proc fade before the next pull it will kill a kitten...
    "What we need is a special blend of Psychology and extreme violence"

Re: WoW Community - Getting Old and Cranky?

I find it laughably ironic when the guy with "The Patient" title is saying "gogo tank!" in heroics

"The Patient" should really be "The Stubborn Enough".
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

The community is filled with elitist jerks.

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

True. Elitism is necessary in a serious raid environment of course, but taking that attitude and applying it towards lowbies running Stocks is just silly.

Yes and no.

The community is filled with a lot of people who are used to having things done fast and efficiently without waste of time. This spawns from Wrath's days of simple heroic zergs. Now with Cataclysm, people are trying to push as fast as Wrath was, but due to the fact that:

a) The heroics require CC that people have not been prone to used back in Wrath
    b) Threat mechanics have been reintroduced
    c) Healer mana isn't infinite.

These problems cause more problems which compound to more problems to the point that it simply aggravates the individuals in groups and they nerdrage.

It's just the idea behind Wrath is dead now and people need to begin transitioning towards Cataclysm's mindset, which a fair amount of people are failing.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

I do not really consider people I meet in Random Queues a "community" just a bunch people that you will never see, or have to play with again. So people are jerks because it has no long term detriment to their play, as it did in Vanilla.

cranky? yes.. "more and more"? not really. I determined poor social skills are synonymous with online gaming a long time ago. however, its not everyone. Just the nature of the game we play.
    "Dear Santoro, Your wisdom has enlightened me. Thanks!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nez View Post
    I do not really consider people I meet in Random Queues a "community" just a bunch people that you will never see, or have to play with again. So people are jerks because it has no long term detriment to their play, as it did in Vanilla.
    Disagree. It's still part of the community. That's like saying the people on the eastern side of a town, albeit you don't see them at all, are not part of the township or community of 'insert city name'.

Communities have a whole bunch of different folk. It's still the community of World of Warcraft gamers. It's just generalized and not specific like guild communities or server communities.

Just specifying.

Tankspot Moderator

There is no penalty for being a douche. So what happens? Yeah.....
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post

this

sad, but true
    "Dear Santoro, Your wisdom has enlightened me. Thanks!"

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Krenian View Post
    Disagree. It's still part of the community. That's like saying the people on the eastern side of a town, albeit you don't see them at all, are not part of the township or community of 'insert city name'.

Communities have a whole bunch of different folk. It's still the community of World of Warcraft gamers. It's just generalized and not specific like guild communities or server communities.

Just specifying.

Sorry, despite your dictionary definition of a word, I disagree.
    People I cut off on the freeway that live on the other side of town have nothing to do with my neighborhood, so I can care less if they flip me the bird or are annoyed. They can care less if the reverse happens. They in no way effect my life, they will not come mow my lawn if I break my leg or help me paint my house. I do not deal with them on a daily basis, just random hand signals on the freeway. LOL The same is even more true of LFG randoms. People have even a less chance of being on the receiving end of any repercussions in a video game then you do in real life when they are from different servers than you.

Sorry, despite your dictionary definition of a word, I disagree.
    People I cut off on the freeway that live on the other side of town have nothing to do with my neighborhood, so I can care less if they flip me the bird or are annoyed. They can care less if the reverse happens. They in no way effect my life, they will not come mow my lawn if I break my leg or help me paint my house. I do not deal with them on a daily basis, just random hand signals on the freeway. LOL The same is even more true of LFG randoms. People have even a less chance of being on the receiving end of any repercussions in a video game then you do in real life when they are from different servers than you.
    So, you disagree so I'll switch it around another way:

Tankspot as a community has grown from tanks to all classes. However we each have our own roles and we have our own lil groups that are known to the forums. TGM and myself, we're more of the DPSers. Others are in the tanking forums.

Two different roles, two different areas and yet we're still part of the same community.

Tankspot Moderator

Stay on topic you noob. Seriously, what does your post have to do with the topic?
    ^ see I was a jerk to you, guess what. I am still eating my cookie and enjoying my coffee. Just as if we were are in a pug. Nothing you can do about it. Go QQ to your GM and guild mates. Feel better now?

unlike in pugs, tankspot has a ninja carrying a banhammer and he knows how to use it
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    unlike in pugs, tankspot has a ninja carrying a banhammer and he knows how to use it
    Exactly true, but in a pug there is no repercussions. Another not on topic post WTG! +1.

oh, i thought the plan was to derail this thread right into the gutter....
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

am still eating my cookie
    What kind of cookie? Why aren't you sharing?

+ Reply to Thread