+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wowhead Ghostcrawler Interview & Zone Changes Video

Wowhead Ghostcrawler Interview & Zone Changes Video

Wowhead has a good write-up and interview with Ghostcrawler from an event Blizzard invited the fansites to last week. Blizzard has also released a movie of the Cataclysm zone changes:

Wow, MMO-champ is setting up to be in a bit of trouble yet again. I suppose I shouldn't really comment on what was said, but it was really disheartening if true.
    I. Am. Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by mero12513 View Post
    Wow, MMO-champ is setting up to be in a bit of trouble yet again. I suppose I shouldn't really comment on what was said, but it was really disheartening if true.
    He's parsing his words carefully. It's clear from the huge number of posts going up on the official forums that visitors to his site think he means Cataclysm NDA, when the only 'NDA' that has been lifted was the request not to publish information from the Blizzard meet-up until Sunday.

Everything he's pulling is from Curse and Wowhead's releases tonight. It's not in violation of anything. It's just misleading.

It states that the NDA "on the press tour" was lifted. I'm guessing those who didn't read it properly saw it as 'lifted completely'.

So would say the content released on wowhead and such can be discussed, if it was really lifted you would have MMO-champion enable all picture links from the leaked client again.

MMO has clarified it. No need for that part of the post. Added the Cata video.

...:O! Woooow SW looks...amazing. Can't wait ;o;~

I was looking forward to the Path of the Titans.
    But if they sanitize teh glyph system instead I guess it will be the same difference.

Guild talents seemed like a stupid idea. Everybody would have copied Ensidia even if they were not a hardcore progression raid.
    Earning rep with your guild seems like a bad way to generate (faux) guild loyality. Otherwise it seems quite nifty.

But I just realized that I was more looking forward to the new world, new stories, new character design/gearing focus and changed encounter design philosophy.

How can a game like WoW get away with minor tweaks and and new content still feel fresh? Because that'S what they are pulling off with Cata. And by what I can tell, successfully so. Peculiar.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

Everything looks very breathtaking! I wonder if Thousand Needles/Shimmering Flats is going to be run by Horde Goblins or Neutral Goblins? I hope for the latter, even if it is unlikely. My Horde Paladin is so dusty and it would be fun to take my Alliance Priest questing there, since I no longer have access to the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mačl View Post
    I was looking forward to the Path of the Titans.
    But if they sanitize teh glyph system instead I guess it will be the same difference.

Guild talents seemed like a stupid idea. Everybody would have copied Ensidia even if they were not a hardcore progression raid.
    Earning rep with your guild seems like a bad way to generate (faux) guild loyality. Otherwise it seems quite nifty.

But I just realized that I was more looking forward to the new world, new stories, new character design/gearing focus and changed encounter design philosophy.

How can a game like WoW get away with minor tweaks and and new content still feel fresh? Because that'S what they are pulling off with Cata. And by what I can tell, successfully so. Peculiar.
    There really needs to be an edit system.. I don't want to double post! I think I have to agree: I was extremely excited with all of these new, interesting changes that they were proposing. But even after they've been scrapped, I don't find myself feeling like I'm going to miss them, or spiral off into wonderment about what they would have been like. I'm simply excited for the "new" world and all of the fervor that's going to come from Cataclysm.

The water looks amazing.
    'Smash through obstacles, with a heart of gold and a Mind of steel, Nothing can get in my way.'

I would rather they focus on certain things and deliver an awesome expansion, then spread themselves too thin and whack everything so out of balance, we need another expansion just to get it back. I've felt since WotLK came out that glyphs really didn't work as they currently are - admit it, do you really get the same thrill out of leveling inscription as you do other professions?

Besides which, it probably would lead to the "bring the class/spec/titan path" thing that they're trying to get away from. Just like everything else, there would be some that work better than others.

I'm still excited. After all, they're remaking the entire world for an expansion. Most games have a 2 after their name when they do that.

Personally for me from the start I was looking forward to the new zones and the storylines as the most anticipated thing. New raids, new quests, new stories, new zones, seem to be more...IDK... exciting for me than the PotT or Guild leveling system ever were. Thing again, I'm a huge Lore nerd, and the whole Deathwing finally coming back gave me geek chills.

I am actually getting excited to see all these changes when they actually release. Almost certainly enough to pull me back into this game... in fact I may start playing just so I can jump right into it when things start up again
    "If I'm doing a fight and I need more threat... I try harder. If I'm doing a fight and I need my taunts not to miss, then I wear hit." -Veneretio

I thought Path of the Titans was pretty stupid anyway, and would just make manual respecing a pain in the ass.

I'm skeptical about Grim Batol however. There will only be 5-6 bosses in there, so Blizzard intends to follow their TBC model with shorter raids like SSC/TK/Hyjal/Sunwell. But not only were the most of the encounters in their more challenging (even Void Reaver could be considered harder then most reg mode boss in WoTLK) but they also had a some challenging trash to keep you tied down also.

I'm losing faith in the devs that work on the PvE content, despite Ulduar popularity their just shifting off to cheaper models and would rather save time and resources and deal with our QQ's cause they know it wont make us quit, which kinda makes me feel like a cheap hoe.

I'm really excited about rated BGs now though because no matter what Blizzard does to make PvE a joke, PvP will always be as challenging as your opponent. People are upset that for the most part their removing the rating requirement to obtain the best gear, but honestly, who cares if scrubs get gear, if their really scrubs you'll beat the crap out of them regardless.

Still interested in how the older quests will work for those starting from level 1. I've been saving a character to level for when Cata comes out, just so I could see the new quests. But if there are no new quests, might as well start now.

And for the sake of those with scribes (I don't have one), I hope that glyphs aren't reusable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhoram View Post
    I've felt since WotLK came out that glyphs really didn't work as they currently are - admit it, do you really get the same thrill out of leveling inscription as you do other professions?

I'm still excited. After all, they're remaking the entire world for an expansion. Most games have a 2 after their name when they do that.
    I don't know about you, but I don't get any thrill out of leveling any profession.
    But I agree that the most exciting part is remaking the original world. Just the thought of the original world coming back to the game in some way (other than the cities) is amazing to me.

Although, since the dwarven district and the tauren district is getting an auction house and all of that jazz, makes me wonder if something happen to Ironforge and Thunderbluff.

I'm glad they made the change to the raid lock outs. Now 25 mans guilds wont be killed off, but I'm pretty sure 25 man raids will just exploit the new system. Imagine steam rolling through ICC25 HM which is now a joke with the 20% buff, then halting at LK, then just splitting off into 2 10 man groups and killing him on 10 man since he's easier that way, and getting rewarded with the same gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    I'm glad they made the change to the raid lock outs. Now 25 mans guilds wont be killed off, but I'm pretty sure 25 man raids will just exploit the new system. Imagine steam rolling through ICC25 HM which is now a joke with the 20% buff, then halting at LK, then just splitting off into 2 10 man groups and killing him on 10 man since he's easier that way, and getting rewarded with the same gear.
    Couple of problems with your statement. First, in Cataclysm they will be tuning 10's and 25's so they are the same difficulty. One my be slightly harder/easier, just because balance can't be 100% correct. But the goal is to make them the same difficulty, not having one easier than the other (and I'm sure they can easily do that -- Remember that Sarth3D 10-man was the hardest encounter in the game for quite awhile and Naxx10 was supposedly harder than Naxx25 in pre-raid gear?). Also, if you split off into 2 10-man raids, instead of 1 25-man raid, you will see 50% less loot per player drop.

So a 25-man guild would not make the raid easier, by splitting off into 10's and they would get less loot which would further diminish progression over time.

5 words. WHAT DID I JUST SEE? That was amazing. No sound though? Is it me or does it not have sound for realz? Can't wait to check out the changes to the guild interface and work with guild rep. Should be an amazing expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Skwish View Post
    Couple of problems with your statement. First, in Cataclysm they will be tuning 10's and 25's so they are the same difficulty. One my be slightly harder/easier, just because balance can't be 100% correct. But the goal is to make them the same difficulty, not having one easier than the other (and I'm sure they can easily do that -- Remember that Sarth3D 10-man was the hardest encounter in the game for quite awhile and Naxx10 was supposedly harder than Naxx25 in pre-raid gear?). Also, if you split off into 2 10-man raids, instead of 1 25-man raid, you will see 50% less loot per player drop.

So a 25-man guild would not make the raid easier, by splitting off into 10's and they would get less loot which would further diminish progression over time.
    I still find it an unrealistic scenario. 10 man encounters are only more difficult because of the lack of man power, being a bit more demanding on healers and DPS, etc. 25 mans are generally harder because you have more people that can mess things up.

+ Reply to Thread