+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Add pickup in Lady DW encounter

Add pickup in Lady DW encounter

Im havin real trouble picking up all 3 adds as a warr tank.I use thunderclap as aoe threat but usually the
    2 mobs on each side slip thru and it is very annoying.Im very grateful for any advice on how i can pick up all 3 efficiently.

What I do is stand in front of the middle spot and heroic throw as soon as possible on the right while taunting the left. Heroic Throw should be ready by the next set of adds if not 1 second or so off.

ok that sounds like a plan,i'll be sure to check it out thx

It helps a lot if your healers stick to a certain area, since the mobs will make a beeline to them.

Know where the healers are, stand between the mob spawn point and the healer, and the mobs will run past you to get to the healer, freeing up your sparse ranged abilities for the other mobs. This helped us a lot in heroic mode.
    Also know that DKs can grip a mob next to you. If you taunt off them then or start hitting that mob, they shouldn't have aggro long enough for them to be threatened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Yea i spose they shud be placed in the centre of the room which shud be the best position as a healer imo.

normal or heroic, the caster adds can be tanked by any plate dps class (preferred DK, or fury warrior for easy interrupts), which frees you up to easily snag the melee adds.

Misdirection.
    Tricks of the Trade.

The above should be made use of, meaning if they are already being used, the problem lies with you.

Charge.
    Heroic Throw.
    Cleave.
    Shockwave.

Use them in that order, on whatever mob isn't being Misdirected / ToT to you by a Hunter / Rogue - obviously it's more optimal to HT a caster add.

I always tank the right side (facing Lady Deathwhisper), and I sit between the 'wall' that separate the left and middle add, I;

1. charge the middle add.
    2. move backward.
    3. Taunt the right add.
    4. left add is Misdirected to me.

To give a better understanding;

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by merlael View Post
    Im havin real trouble picking up all 3 adds as a warr tank.I use thunderclap as aoe threat but usually the
    2 mobs on each side slip thru and it is very annoying.Im very grateful for any advice on how i can pick up all 3 efficiently.
    I assume you are talking about 25man.
    First off your DPS should be split into sides. Make sure you have a Rogue or Hunter on your side that will Tricks or MD a specific spawn onto you each time.
    Otherwise just as one of the other posters noted, hit what you can with AoE, then use all your "taunts" to get the other 2 if needed.

My tactics fpr 10-men nHc

I am only of 10 man nHc. So my tactic is for this encounter.

If you solo the adds I would position myself in the middle.
    Herocis throw one to the left or right, taunt the one on the other side and charge the middle on. Then instantly release thunderclap or Shockwave and cleave (best with cleaving glyph because you get all three, but not mandatory).
    In our 10men the off-Tank and I do it together, because adds go down well after 10-15sec. due to enough dps which means there is plenty of time to go together to the other side as well as doing some damage to the boss herself in the 30secs or so in between. I use the time in between to stack some rage (normally up to full) to be able to do AoE even without charging.

Here is what i do. When the three adds spawn i stand on the left ledge inbetween the 2nd and 3rd add and thunderclap will reach both of them. Then i taunt and heroic throw the 1st add. Once they are all grouped up i shockwave and thunderclap again along with the rest of my rotation.

Warrior tanks should take the left, unless there are to (left coming down from the stairs). Stand halfway between where a ranged/melee add will spawn.

Then they come running out, hit the far melee with a heroic throw (or taunt if HT hasn't quite come off CD yet) and TC the other two as they going running by. Then group up on the caster and you've got all three.

If you're on the right, still sorta the same thing. HT throw though on the caster on one side (as soon as it's off CD), TC the other two and try to group them up on the TC'd caster (hoping no one grabs the far caster). If someone grabs the far caster, oh well, they can tank it.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

I tank the right side. Taunt the top caster, then move to mid and thunderclap->shockwave, it will hit all three adds and it's a snorefest from then on, keep repeating. Don't need heroic throw.

Quote Originally Posted by gacktt View Post
    I tank the right side. Taunt the top caster, then move to mid and thunderclap->shockwave, it will hit all three adds and it's a snorefest from then on, keep repeating. Don't need heroic throw.
    Thats is pretty much exactly what I do. Works fine. Our Melee kills the one closest to the boss first, I find it important to round them up quickly since ranged is bombing the middle add right off the bat. Shockwave is a great help to stun them both and give you a couple of seconds to build threat. lol
    Left side I do pretty much the same thing cept the caster is in the middle.

Depends on which side of the room you're tanking. If you're looking at the boss from the portal, the left side is considerably harder for a warrior tank to control reliably, but far from impossible.

The trick, as has already been said, is to ignore the caster(s) and focus on the fanatics.

When tanking the left side, I find it easiest to Hthrow one, charge + SS the other, then intercept to the one I've Hthrow'd and hit him with a devastate. Once they're close to you, tclap, then shuffle them into place and shockwave, then get yourself in position so that you don't cleave your melee (who should have almost finished off the caster in this time). In Heroic 25, you don't always have Hthrow up when the left side comes out, so you'll have to rely on a taunt, and tricks/MD for 100% reliability.

For the right side, target the middle fanatic, just as he exits his alcove charge him and tclap. You should hit both casters, who will then run to you before they start casting. At that point your fury warrior should be rubbing his hands with glee as he blows up all 3. If you miss a caster with tclap, just have your melee dps and hunters focus it down.

In our heroic attempts I just refuse to tank the side with two fanatics. Our pally tank and dps dk handle it much better with the ol'death grip into a consecrate.

We also have an advantage in that both of our rogues are incredibly dilligent with their tricks and fok.

When it's all said and done, picking up the adds in that fight is not an individual effort... Rogues, DKs and Hunters all play an important role in ensuring 100% success.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartz View Post
    Depends on which side of the room you're tanking. If you're looking at the boss from the portal, the left side is considerably harder for a warrior tank to control reliably, but far from impossible.

The trick, as has already been said, is to ignore the caster(s) and focus on the fanatics.
    ? Really? With vig on the tank on the other side, tanking 2 melee and 1 range is much easier for me than 2 range and 1 melee. Melee is so good about following you around like angry little puppies. If they do ever get away your free taunt refresh grabs them back.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Thx ppl I really appreciate all the good advise!

Heroic Throw left or right one, thunderclap to pick both others up. After that shockwave, etc. But in heroic I just stand out of LoS where LDW stands and everything gets MDd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    Warrior tanks should take the left, unless there are to (left coming down from the stairs). Stand halfway between where a ranged/melee add will spawn.

Then they come running out, hit the far melee with a heroic throw (or taunt if HT hasn't quite come off CD yet) and TC the other two as they going running by. Then group up on the caster and you've got all three.

If you're on the right, still sorta the same thing. HT throw though on the caster on one side (as soon as it's off CD), TC the other two and try to group them up on the TC'd caster (hoping no one grabs the far caster). If someone grabs the far caster, oh well, they can tank it.
    Thats how I do it with great success.

+ Reply to Thread