+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Disc or Holy healing 10 man Hardmode saurfang.

Disc or Holy healing 10 man Hardmode saurfang.

Apologies if this isn't the right section.

Earlier we ran 10 icc hard modes and we did good up until saurfang, this is where the wipes started to happen. Now first I tried it the few times as Disc, we wiped but extremely close to the kills, (marks kept getting us).

So then after exhaustion it was said in the guild chat, though I was told I had been doing it wrong and should have went holy. So I did. Though it didn't go well and wiped earlier than i did with disc.

So It was agreement that I switch back to disc. then finally he was downed.

Overall, i know the marks damage is no longer absorbed by absorption effects, but mainly i Healed the 2 tanks while the holy pally focused on those with the mark.

Is Holy the better choice? I Admit im not as good with holy as I am disc so maybe it was that type of issue, what should I do as holy on the fight, and what do I watch out for?

From what I understand, mark and blood boil damage are absorbed, it's just that the boss will generate blood power regardless. I would say that you should stay disc to heal the tanks and let the paladin take the marked players with beacon as this obviously works. There is hardly any raid damage other than blood boil (which should be HoP'd early on and shielded later) and mark, which is essentially tank healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    From what I understand, mark and blood boil damage are absorbed, it's just that the boss will generate blood power regardless. I would say that you should stay disc to heal the tanks and let the paladin take the marked players with beacon as this obviously works. There is hardly any raid damage other than blood boil (which should be HoP'd early on and shielded later) and mark, which is essentially tank healing.
    I agree. Disc is much stronger at single-target healing than Holy, and if you have a Paladin to take care of the marks, then all you really need to worry about is the active tank and throwing the occasional bubble/FH on Blood Boil or Blood Nova targets.

You're also correct that the damage caused by Saurfang's special abilities will be absorbed by bubbles, but will still generate Blood Power. I was sad when they changed this, we went from single-handedly controlling the encounter to just being another healer. Luckily Lich King was right around the corner, another fight that proves Disc is OP :-P

Thank you very much guys for you input, it helped allot.

+ Reply to Thread