+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blood DK tank too squishy for dreamwalker?

Blood DK tank too squishy for dreamwalker?

Hey guys, i finally started progressing after being on leave for a while and got into a pug of icc10 that cleared up to dreamwalker. Once we got there we decided to have me single tank all the adds in the center of the room. At first i had a general handle on things but as the fight went on, the adds began to overwhelm me and started to kill me. Here is my armory, can you give me any advice for surviving this and tanking these kind of encounters in general

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...g&cn=Fishstiks

Any help would be appreciated. The profile is out of date at the moment, my weapon is ramaladni's blade of the culling, socketed with two stam gems and my glyph of indomitably is now the 251 trinket that drops off PP10

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    well idk what weapon you have but your armory has your fishing pole, but you're hitting the enrage timer if you're being overwhelmed by adds, healers in the portal need to step up the healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

To start with, don't tank everything.

1. Skeletons - ignore. DPS should have them down anyway.
    2. Zombies - ignore. Hunter/Lock needs to kite. Their stacking armor debuff makes every tank squishy
    3. Aboms (or whatever they are) - remember not to turn your back to them after they die. They pop the maggots and you need to stun/AoE them down.
    4. Suppressors - Ignore. They're untankable anyway
    5. Archmages - interrupt and watch the floor color.

Our guild found single tanking VDW to be easier because it allowed more concentrated heals on 1 target instead of 2 and opened up another DPS slot, but I completely ignored 3/5 add types. I only grabbed the mages and the aboms. We usually had one melee on each side to grab the suppressors as the #1 duty. Skeletons for everyone else and pets for the zombies.

Our heals and DPS weren't up to snuff, but we did better with this setup than with 2 tanks and trying to grab everything.
    Last edited by Loganisis; 06-11-2010 at 08:15 AM.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    To start with, don't tank everything.

1. Skeletons - ignore. DPS should have them down anyway.
    2. Zombies - ignore. Hunter/Lock needs to kite. Their stacking armor debuff makes every tank squishy
    3. Aboms (or whatever they are) - remember not to turn your back to them after they die. They pop the maggots and you need to stun/AoE them down.
    4. Suppressors - Ignore. They're untankable anyway
    5. Archmages - interrupt and watch the floor color.

Our guild found single tanking VDW to be easier because it allowed more concentrated heals on 1 target instead of 2 and opened up another DPS slot, but I completely ignored 3/5 add types. I only grabbed the mages and the aboms. We usually had one melee on each side to grab the suppressors as the #1 duty. Skeletons for everyone else and pets for the zombies.

Our heals and DPS weren't up to snuff, but we did better with this setup than with 2 tanks and trying to grab everything.
    Ok thanks, this was pretty much my situation except they had be trying to grab the zombies which explains why I became progressively more and more difficult to heal. I was not aware of their debuff

+ Reply to Thread