+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paladin looking for advice on Tanking

Paladin looking for advice on Tanking

Now I know paladin tanking is supposed to be easy, and I'm not have too much trouble with it. My Main is a Hunter and I have a priest but I'm completely new to the tanking aspect, so just wondering if anyone can give me some tips or tricks of the trade. I'm currently level 30 on my pally. wanted to tank my way to 80.

thanks muchos

I'm doing the same thing with my paladin as he is level 38 right now.

There isn't much to it at lower levels, since paladins use a fixed rotation 696969 ans so on. They are a bit different than other tanks that use a prority based rotation.

You don't get all of your main tanking abilities until level 75 so just use whatever you have at your disposal at the moment, mainly consecration on every pull and using your Hand spells for alot more utility. You should have no trouble at all tanking with the paladin.

Just a few things to note for, at lower levels mana regen is awful for paladins but threat isn't an issue. So 1 consecration is enough for every pull while keeping up holy shield and Blessing of sanctuary, while just using Lay on hands if you get in trouble and hand of prot on the healer if anything is attacking him. You will learn alot while leveling.

If you want an easy to understand guide for the 96969 paladin tanking rotation read this:
    http://www.wow-pro.com/class_guides/..._tanking_guide

It really only comes into play at lvl75 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mend View Post
    I'm doing the same thing with my paladin as he is level 38 right now.

There isn't much to it at lower levels, since paladins use a fixed rotation 696969 ans so on. They are a bit different than other tanks that use a prority based rotation.

You don't get all of your main tanking abilities until level 75 so just use whatever you have at your disposal at the moment, mainly consecration on every pull and using your Hand spells for alot more utility. You should have no trouble at all tanking with the paladin.

Just a few things to note for, at lower levels mana regen is awful for paladins but threat isn't an issue. So 1 consecration is enough for every pull while keeping up holy shield and Blessing of sanctuary, while just using Lay on hands if you get in trouble and hand of prot on the healer if anything is attacking him. You will learn alot while leveling.
    Thanks Mend! Do appreciate it, I burn through my mana so quick I thought I was doing something wrong so thanks for clearing that up for me. I've found you're advice helpful!

+ Reply to Thread