+ Reply to Thread

Thread: JC/BS or JC/Eng

JC/BS or JC/Eng

OK, so I'm currently JC/BS and I know when it comes to min/maxing, it's the best combo for most classes in PvE. However, I keep hearing one should go Engineering for PvP, however a lot of the things aren't useable in Arena (boots and cloak). So that would leave the glove enchant for Arenas...

I've been debating dropping Blacksmithing and picking up Engineering. What do you guys think?

Here is an armoury link:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...eam&cn=Imriela

Also, it still shows me as a human, I am actually a gnome now though.

I PvE as a tank, however I'll be moving and probably won't be able to make my guild's raid times much anymore, so I'd be PvPing more than PvEing.

Also, I picked up a new 2s partner today and we're making our way to 1800. I really want the sword, but hear the axe is better. Which should I pick up? :S

Axe spec is far and away the best 5% more crit and 5% more crit damage. you can achieve large ArP numbers without alot of DPS gear now a days pick pieces correctly, which really you have. At this point I would swap ENG in arenas the only thing you really gain is another ranged killer which can be a Game breaker sometimes (herioc throw and rocket gloves may be the last 2 shots you need to kill that druid who just snared you and ran off.)

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=54998
    Basically for arena only you are trading 40 ArP for a 45 sec CD ranged attack
    It also has no global so you could even macro it to heroic throw and every time heroic throw is off CD it will use this to
    something like
    #show tooltip Heroic throw
    /cast heroic throw
    /use (shift click your gloves here)

also it Crit's based off your Crit rating for ranged attacks can be resisted and proc's deep wounds if it should crit. but really what palidan has fire resist aura on in arenas.

I am leveling mining and will be picking up engineering simple because

BS/JC has been the best professions even for non-plate wearers. But from the combat utility aspect than the toys engineering provide are much more useful than plain stats on your gear.

My knowledge with warriors is near zero, but I know that the general tip if you are near the armpen cap is to go with maces, otherwise axes.

On the weapon, get the one that would work best for you now, then earn points to get the one you really want

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    On the weapon, get the one that would work best for you now, then earn points to get the one you really want
    I love it

And as per Engineering...? I remembered the Frag Belt, is that useable in Arenas or no? I'm probably going to go get Engineering anyways for BGs and world PvP. I can still hit ArP softcap and Hardcap with GT proc without the Blacksmithing Sockets.

Frag belt is not usable in arenas, that's why i am saying you are trading 40 of a stat for 1 more ranged killer, you have to ask yourself how is getting kited? that glove rocket is pretty awesome for keeping pressure even when you are stuck.

+ Reply to Thread