+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help with chooseing legs

Need help with chooseing legs

I wanted to know is the 4 piece bonus of t9 worth getting? as i have 2 decision ahead of me:
    1. t9 helm+shoulders (already have)+hands+legs
    2. ilvl 245 helm from triamph vendor + t9.25 shoulders and hands + Pillars of might

in the 1st option i have the 4 piece bonus but in the second i have alot more EH, I cant use my breastplate to get the piece bonus as i have the white knight breast plate, just curias as which would be the better of the 2 options as I heard the pillars of might are just about the best legs you can get

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...il&cn=Dobraine

Armoury link there

Pillars of Might are the highest EH legs in the game. If you can afford them, get them, ASAP. The T9 4-piece is a big bucket of 'meh' anyways.

I would grab the shoulders and hands for the (halfway-decent) 2-piece bonus. Then grab the 245 helm, which has a nice chunk of expertise. BP of the White Knight is a solid decision as well.

truthfully I wouldn't even bother with the T9 set bonuses unless the T9 pieces are 245 pieces or higher

Quote Originally Posted by Harmacy View Post
    Pillars of Might are the highest EH legs in the game. If you can afford them, get them, ASAP. The T9 4-piece is a big bucket of 'meh' anyways.

I would grab the shoulders and hands for the (halfway-decent) 2-piece bonus. Then grab the 245 helm, which has a nice chunk of expertise. BP of the White Knight is a solid decision as well.
    ok thanks for that thats what i thought but didnt want to spend over 6k gold on them if it wasnt advisable (been buying some saronites when people sell them off really cheap in order to sell at a profit)

Forget the t9 set bonuses, get 245 badge shoulers, t9 gloves, pillars of might, get the glyph to replace your dps trinket. I would never gem expertise either if your going for a socket bonus do dodge/stam.

I would use the option 2. the 4 pieces bouns is nice, but not really worth. I link you my DK alt, there is my way of gearing up. The next i will change is T9 hands and legs again the T10 items. Pillars of might are really nice, but on my main, i use altough the T10 legs, and they works well.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ria&cn=Devildk

yea been kinda slack with my gems i didnt even notice i had a expertise gem in there >.<, thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoki View Post
    Forget the t9 set bonuses, get 245 badge shoulers, t9 gloves, pillars of might, get the glyph to replace your dps trinket. I would never gem expertise either if your going for a socket bonus do dodge/stam.
    Why not expertise?

Dodge is very weak anyways, if you need threat then use a purple expertise gem or two (if you're under 26 from gear that is).

As far as the T9 shoulders versus offset, the offset are higher EH and avoidance, but the Tier are better for threat (they have expertise, and the 5% bonus to Devastate which is decent). Depends on what you need, but as a relatively fresh tank I would err on the side of caution and go with the threat. With awesome pieces like Pillars of Might, you can afford to give up a little EH for threat stats :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Harmacy View Post
    Why not expertise?

Dodge is very weak anyways, if you need threat then use a purple expertise gem or two (if you're under 26 from gear that is).

As far as the T9 shoulders versus offset, the offset are higher EH and avoidance, but the Tier are better for threat (they have expertise, and the 5% bonus to Devastate which is decent). Depends on what you need, but as a relatively fresh tank I would err on the side of caution and go with the threat. With awesome pieces like Pillars of Might, you can afford to give up a little EH for threat stats :-)
    Well iv never been one to gear for threat myself and generally alot of threat problems can be solved by experience and changing up your rotation/talents which also comes with time. You also have MD and tricks to help with threat in raids. It all depends on the situation, i gear for EH because threat isnt a problem but if it is for him then i would probably consider gemmig it.

Also Dobraine dont change out your def gems yet if you planing on getting pilars of might. Your gonna loose alot of def by switching to them and you dont want to regem stam now and then have to regem back to def when you get them made.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoki View Post
    Well iv never been one to gear for threat myself and generally alot of threat problems can be solved by experience and changing up your rotation/talents which also comes with time. You also have MD and tricks to help with threat in raids. It all depends on the situation, i gear for EH because threat isnt a problem but if it is for him then i would probably consider gemmig it.

Also Dobraine dont change out your def gems yet if you planing on getting pilars of might. Your gonna loose alot of def by switching to them and you dont want to regem stam now and then have to regem back to def when you get them made.
    to bad i didnt read this before oh well only a little money down teh drain i picked up a few gems ahwile back cheap, I noticed when i walked into H PoS that i was dodgeing and parryign everything once i had teh legs equipped like on trash etc i mean and was gettign alot more misses from bosses, even managed to get ick's thumb and rimefang's claw in one run...never seen them drop let alone at once so upgraded to them as well, I noticed what you meant about def rating and yea changed some of my gems back sitting at 537 defense so fine unless i raid

+ Reply to Thread