+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which Hilt 2 handed sword for Fury warrior

Which Hilt 2 handed sword for Fury warrior

I am a fury warrior and I am not sure which Hilt reward 2 hander I should get.

Spec:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lde&cn=Angadan

I've seen a lot of warriors going for agility weapons these days. I honestly can't give you the best opinion because I'm not a warrior, but the simple answer comes down to what you need more. STR never hurt any warrior, but the trend seems to be with AGI. Sorry I can't be of more help. A real warrior will be along eventually to give you a better answer

Might of the Faithful.

So go with the strength over the Armor Pen. Kool ... thanks.. may I ask why if that is okay?

Having a Rogue alt, I can tell you it's easy to hit the Armor Pen mark without having any on your weapon. That would be my best guess. But again, I don't have a warrior so I couldn't really say.

I do hope someone can give you an in-depth explaination.

Might of the faithful is better for warriors because:

It is slower, and has higher min max damage range... this is preferred for skills that rely on weapon damage and not speed, such as for arms warriors.

164 strength vs 144 agi. Yes, Agi gives crit, but str gives attack power.

In this case, you get 2 AP per str, so you get 328 AP with MotF, vs 197 AP and an extra ~2% crit with FotS.

FotS is nice for hunters.

Mmm not sure we can say either MotF or FotS is better for Warriors. It will depend on the rest of the particular Warrior's gear and spec.

MotF has Strength which is better than Agi sure and you will wind up with more AP overall from this one, plus it is slower and its top end damage is better as a result. But FotS has Arm Pen, which is a lot better than Haste, particularly at this sort of item level, plus you'll wind up with more Crit.

Anyway in this particular case:

Ang has 699 passive Arm Pen, plus NES which procs for 678 - total 1377 on proc. So with Hearty Rhino he'd have 100% Arm Pen on Proc. His AP unbuffed is...'fair', at 4569, Crit 36.54% (Armory listing hence Arms stance).

You might want to plug it into Landsoul's spreadsheet, but shooting from the hip my inclination would be FotS. There a few reasons for this. For one thing, from this point on you have a choice to continue on with Strength gemming or, with a bit more gear here and there, go for 100% passive Arm Pen. You'd want that weapon if you chose the latter. Another reason is that NES is a trink that procs on CRIT - at the moment Ang's Crit stat is 'fair', so the FotS Crit stick will do him more good to keep the trink proccing as much as possible (I never liked this trink for this reason btw). Another reason - the item budgets tend to be better on Agi based gear and I suspect this is the case here.

That'll do for now - FotS for mine. Somehow I think you knew this, after looking at your gear.

FotS is one of the best Offhands for a Fury and Arp + Agi outdps the Str. But it depends on yout Gear, so use Landsoul sheet and see, what is best for you.

I have downloaded it and input my gear, BUT have no clue what I need to be looking for on the spread sheet.

Read the sheet 'Intro', there are alot of infos, how to use. After that switch to fury sheet and change/upgrate the gear you want to. Then you can see the changes on DPS and your stats, also recalculated the SEP to see, where are the greates benifit...

Landsouls FTW.

That being said... Landsouls will tell you want is better now - even though in 2 weeks it may be different.

Are you planning to raid ICC? If yes - then +agi/+ArP is better. Team it up with [Ramaladni's Blade of Culling] from Saurfang at the end of wing 1 and you're good to go. If you're not going to enter ICC then +Str is probably better.

+str has 164 strength = 328 AP + haste
    +agi/+ArP = 38 ArP (putting you at 737 ArP which means you hit the soft ArP cap with NES procs), +197 AP, and + Crit when compared to the str version.

The agi/+ArP version is better with ICC gear for the same reason the leather belt is better than the plate for DPS. Agility gear gives you some of the AP you 'lose' by not going Str plus it gives you extra crit. Add on that it has ArP over Haste and as you gear the +agility version is better (and signficantly so) than the + Str version.

For me with [Ramaladni's Blade of Culling] in my MH, the +agi/+ArP represented something like a 150/200 DPS increase over the +str version.

Regarding landsouls

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...ls-spreadsheet <--- read.

If you've imported everything, go to the Fury Tab (make sure Macros are enabled) click on the MH weapon and find the weapon listed higher up in the list. If you're going to raid ICC, I'd suggest switching one Tyrannical to the Citadeal Claymore (as it's weaker than Culling but chances are in a couple of weeks of ICC you're almost certain to have at least one of them) to see what will benefit you more.

If you're not going to run ICC, then don't change anything and see.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

+ Reply to Thread