+ Reply to Thread

Thread: warrior tanking gemming and rotation

warrior tanking gemming and rotation

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...s&cn=Blackbass
    im currently starting on ICC 10, off tanking till i learn fights and trash pulls. i am looking for some help on gearing and mainly gemming. i have been trying to stay away from stacking straight stam because i feel a tank should have more than solid health. i tried stacking strength and stam along with hit for threat purposes and i was hoping to be able to get a good shield block value out of stacking strength. i dont think it is working as well as planned. is there any preferred gemming to keep good aggro along with survivability. does anyone have any input on a rotation for AOE threat. if i dont have a second or two alone with the mobs its hard for me to hold AOE threat without throwing out taunts when a hunter or lock pulls off me. thanks for any replys or advice you guys have.
    Last edited by bassomatic; 08-05-2010 at 03:04 PM.

Charge>Thunderclap>Shockwave>Once the mobs are out of AOE stun from shockwave, use shield block> Revenge> Tab through mobs and devestate>Heroic strike as a rage dump, preferrably on mobs with the least amount of threat(I.E mobs that the thunderclap/shockwave missed)

Keep good aggro by staying alive. There's a reason that stam is king.

The 15/5/51 or 15/3/53 build with deep wounds would also help your aoe tanking.

Also, get tidy plates with the threat plates mod. It'll make it easier to tank trash as you can see threat status on all of them without needing to target them. Make sure your rogues are TotTing and your hunters are using MD.

You need to read up a little, your trinkets make me sad.

warrior tanking gemming and rotation

While I am sypathetic that you would like tank gearing/gemming/enchanting to be about more than stam...it's just not the way the game is current designed. Threat is controled almost exclusively through spec and rotation. The native threat stats on your gear are all that is needed. This includes hit and expertise. If you get a good item that has a lot of hit or expertise but a little less EH, keep it in case of "gimmick" fights but don't feel that you have to use it for some baseline level of hit/expertise. For instance, there are some credible reports that expertise is playing an important role in Sindragosa hardmodes (not so much in normal though) because she is one of the only ICC bosses that parry-haste. If you find yourself in that HM fight, switch to that expertise soft-capped set you have been holding onto for just that fight.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

thank you all for your replys, your help is greatly appreciated. i will swap out my gems to solid stam ones to start heading in the right direction. someone had mentioned earlier that my trinkets make them "sad". so far thats all that i have been able to aquire through raiding and such. i am planning on getting the armor trinket and the stam trinket from emblems unless those are a bad idea please let me know. the attack rotation i have been using is very similar to the one that was posted except that i dont use shield slam very often. one more thing. would someone mind pointing me in the right direction to get the talent builds that you are talking about. again thanks for the help its greatly appreciated.

Those are good trinkets. Farm N-ToC5 for the black heart until you can get better. Getting 45 emblems of triumph shouldn't be too hard to pick up glyph of indom.

Edit: you might also check the link in my sig for more info.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

+ Reply to Thread