+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How is my UI

How is my UI

I have had alot of problems getting a steady UI for raiding and soloing. i think i have a good perspective of both now but i need come critisizm. (in attachment)

I think it looks pretty good.
    Only thing I would mention are that you may want something like Omen in that black space next to recount.
    Also, your buffs/debuffs look a little large, may want to shrink those a bit and move the portraits up to facilitate wrapped buffs, or just get a buff bar mod instead.

As a matter of personal preference, I prefer IceHUD bars that are closer to the character. MSBT slides nicely right alongside them on default.

http://img155.imageshack.us/i/wowscr...310223320.jpg/

Can't help you but I'd say do that.

That made my head hurt.

Yeowch.

Cry Havoc! And let slip the Ghosts of War..

thanks got the omen and icehud work perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Qewqewmoarz View Post
    http://img155.imageshack.us/i/wowscr...310223320.jpg/

Can't help you but I'd say do that.
    What addon are you using for your damage and healing meters to be stacked like that? Thanks

Looks like Skada

Some suggestions...

1. If you aren't already using a ViewPort, get one. Hard to tell, but it looks like you are still centered vertically which means the WorldFrame may be extending behind that black panel. If you're going to block off screen space you need to be sure to use a ViewPort addon.

2. You have redundant casting information from Quartz and your unit frames. You don't need a casting icon on a player unit frame if you are using a cast bar addon like Quartz.

3. Grid and Decursive positions could be adjusted. I'd recommend at least moving Grid lower so that when all frames are showing it is right above your chat window. Where it is positioned now it looks like it will just extend into the middle of your screen. The Decursive Micro Unit Frame should be a lot closer to where Grid is. That way both your raid frames and your clensing frames are closer together for easier use.

4. The Heads up Display and the player unit frame are redundant information. You could look at removing one in favor of the other. Some people prefer running with both though.

5. Absolute must for a druid is GridManaBars when you use Grid. Knowing how much mana people have is vital for determining if and when you should innervate someone other than yourself.

6. Buff / Debuff monitor of some type will be helpful in the later game. Customizing how your buffs and debuffs display will be helpful depending on your role. For instance a restoration druid may want timers on healing over time abilities or a balance druid would want timers on damage over time abilities.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 06-29-2010 at 01:55 PM.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

+ Reply to Thread