+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Starting ICC

Starting ICC

So coming off a break I got left in the dust. Im wanting to start tanking in ICC 10 norm either OT or whatever. MY gs is 4950 I have 36k self buffed health and 30k armor, Basiclly wondering if this is good enough to start in 10 man ICC? Thanks for the help!!

That's fine for ICC 10 especially with the 20% buff.

Yes. Same health, more armor, than when I started running ICC10 (5 or 10% buff at the time).
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Stop thinking about gear score. You could have a really great GS in I-lvl 277 cloth full of int/spirit gems but it doesn't mean you'd be able to tank. (well you could probably tank Naxx..)

Well, your armory would certainly help us in helping you :P. I can imagine your gear at 4950GS, let's see if we can find some more Stamina for you

You're good for ICC, provided the raid leader isn't being a bit of a GS nazi. As with heroics, where some people seem to have forgotten that tanks could do them with less than 40k health, the same applies to raids now, unfortunately.

Now, if they're looking for a tank that can do a full clear, and the rest of the group is up to the task, then you'd be undergeared...although, that 20% health buff might change that notion. But if they're going for a more typical (on my server, anyway) 4/12 to 6/12 ICC pug run, you're golden.

You are fine for atleast the first wing and i would let you OT plague, blood princes, and dreamwalker. thats 9/12 bosses i would let you tank and more if you really knew what you were doing.

Im going to let your gem choices slide since your only at 541 def right now. But once you have enough that you dont need those gems you should really be ignoring the socket bonuses and going for 30 stam gems with 1 multi to meet the requirements on your meta gem.

You will eventually need armor on cloak, stam on shield, armor on gloves, stam/resil shoulder enchant (10k honor) but again only when you are above the def cap and dont need those enchants. Try to level up your blacksmithing and mining you get 500 health from mining and 2 gem sockets from blacksmithing which should add over 1100 health combined.

I would pick up badge belt then cloak and obviously if you get an upgrade in one of those slots then get that badge piece last.

Wow thanks for the advice My guild is gonna start plugging me in for icc theve seen me do voa 10 and 25 which i know arent as difficult, but yea my server is terrible for gs if your not 5400 your nobody

good for you, you got nice guild. my guild likes to build up their tank as well, most tanking gears are for the tank, which ever will help the tank gear up and gain more experience is always good.

+ Reply to Thread