Dear fellow-tanks and WOWers,
I am a warrior tank
(http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...and&cn=Drasnal) and I am in trouble.
I might have a serious problem with my tanking. I thought I am in control, but I am told by my lovely Tree of Life resto Driud healer and RL-grilfriend that I am not
1. She complains of having aggro a lot of times, especially in add-heavy tanking situation.
For example she constantly said that while PUGing Halls of Reflections and last night while doing Onyxia 10.
2. She told my that my I loose life more rapidly than any other tank she is playing with at a comparable gear level (e.g. our ICC10 Pala-Off-Tank,
I read a lot about how to play a warrior tank (e.g. Agg's guide, all the official tankspot guides, regularily other psots on tankingtips.com, tanklikeagirl.com (even if I am male ^^), and I think I know that it is one of the hardest tanking class to play, if not the hardest, if I can believe all the complaints of the warrior being to nerfed down. I do not want to use this as an excuse, it is just what I read. I also am looking up gear improvements on maxdps.com which I use as a suggestion, I am not obedient to it, but I use it to see where to get gear.
Don’t get me wrong. I love tanking and I like the warrior. And, most important I want to surpass the difficulties I have. I do not want to reroll a character just because I am not able to master the one I have, anyway I am not willing to pass on my Draenai warri in which I put so much effort.
Here are my questions:
- Is anything wrong with my gear (I know very well my shield is mediocore, but the Splintered door of the Citadel never drops and I was not lucky in any raid content so far), gemming, enchanting? Anything else? Too low on armor, health, avoidance? I geared towards Effective Health (EH) as it is said to be best for ICC.
- Is there a "better way to spec?
- Can there be any proble with my playstyle, which is very difficult to know for any of you. I am glad for any suggestions. Perhaps you faced similar problems like me and found a strategy to overcome them?
- Is there any difficulty involved in playing with a resto druid healer that I am not aware of (even if vigilance is on her/him).
- Can I provide more information that will help to solve my problems?
I thank you all in advance for contributing your thoughts.