Multiple Character Help (Armory Links Included)
Hello Tankspot community!
I was wondering if you guys could help give me some advice on my characters? I have been playing for a while and reading stuff everywhere but I would like some live feedback. I despise posting on the WoW Forums as they tend to not be very helpful for questions as far as I have seen. I do however enjoy reading the help being given on these forums.
Here are my 3 characters and 1 up and coming:
Death Knight - Currently stuck at 4.6k DPS ICC10 and lower in Blood with http://www.wowhead.com/item=50267 =[
Up Coming Warrior - Using http://www.wowhead.com/item=42945,http://www.wowhead.com/item=42943, http://www.wowhead.com/item=48685 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=42949
I know it's a lot to ask, but any advice on any/all of them for improvement would be greatly appreciated!
not entirely sure what you are asking, but you are WAY over the Hit Cap with your Frost DW spec, get rid of the Mark of Supremacy (Mirror of Truth for 40 Emblems of Heroism is much better).
Originally Posted by Mÿnn
Enchant/Gem your helm. Enchant your chest, shoulders, bracers, gloves, legs, boots. All of this will help with your DPS.
Switch your weapons around, MH should have Fall Crusader, and OH with Razorice.
If you are going to use 200 ilevel boots get the ones from the Ebon Blade rep vendor then gem/enchant them.
Thanks for the help! And as to what I am asking, you hit spot on. Just trying to see if I could get advice for improving my characters =]
Mynn my main character often finds himself DPSing ICC 10 progression runs, and he's a dual wield frost death knight when he does so. I see you have the +42 AP and run speed increase meta. If you want to see a dps boost, you should use http://www.wowhead.com/item=41398 in your meta socket, and to fulfill it throw an http://www.wowhead.com/item=40142 in a yellow socket that would give you a +ST bonus. For the blue requirement use a Nightmare Tear (+10 all stats) in a blue socket that yields a +ST bonus. For every other gem socket, throw a +20 ST cardinal ruby in the socket. You should use Fallen Crusader in your main hand and Razorice in your off hand for single target pulls, but for AOE Cinderglacier is a better replacement. Since you're working on boss dps, however, don't be concerned with it. If you don't already, pick up an addon such as TellMeWhen to watch your Killing Machine and Rime procs and use them accordingly, as well as using Anti-Magic Shell in opportune moments to boost your RP. Your buff food of choice should be Dragonfin Filet (+40 ST, +40 Stam, mats: Dragonfin Angelfish, Northern Spices), and you should flask with Endless Rage. Your gear needs to be enchanted, and if you want a reference, feel free to use http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone...me=Malevolance for reference. I hope this helps
Also, I noticed you don't have Unbreakable Armor. This is a very powerful dps cooldown when used in conjunction with Blood Tap to free up the rune. The 20% strength buff makes this a talent you shouldn't pass up by any means. My character does on average 7.5-8k in his gear raid buffed, and a lot of that is due to the very powerful cooldown. Take a look at his spec and move points around in yours to match it. The reason I put 4/5 points in Killing Machine was because it procs extremely often even with only 4 points in it. Also, spec into Endless Winter for free strength and match glyphs with me.
Thank you very much! I will try out these changes as soon as I can =D
Hello fellow altaholic!
- Using Tuskarr's boot enchant despite being specced into PoJ. Replace with +22 stam.
- Need Vindication. It's a wonderful mitigation talent, scales with your character's level up to 574 AP reduction (equivalent to a fully buffed Demo Shout).
- I would recommend losing the points in Imp HoJ and Divinity to pick up Divine Sac/Guardian. It's an amazing cooldown, useful all the time. You can even cancel the Divine Sacrifice effect while leaving up the raidwall. (simple one-line macro: "/cancelaura Divine Sacrifice")
- You are way over the hit cap. Lose the hit trinket for Black Heart. You also need to regem (more +30 stam gems necessary, with one or two purple Agility gems to activate your meta) and reenchant (+275 health on chest, +30 stam PvP enchant on shoulders, +18 stam to shield, leg patch for your legs).
- Level up your second profession. Enchanting is a solid if expensive choice.
- Also needs another profession.
- You should not be having mana problems at your gear level (especially with that healer trinket), so take 3 points from Convection for Elemental Warding. 6% reduced damage is fantastic, well worth the points.
- I doubt that Flametongue Weapon is worth the glyph slot, 2% crit is not a ton at level 80. I forget what the other glyph is for Elemental, I would say Flame Shock or Lava Burst. Go look it up on EJ.
- You should be aiming for a Deep Wounds spec at 80, for tanking. http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LAM00oZhZMItrx0zidIzsGo is what I would use at your level - then work on filling out Impale and Deep Wounds (amazing threat talents), then with your last two points either put two points in Cruelty (a little bit of threat) or Improved Disciplines (which allows you more liberal use of your best cooldown). I'd also switch out glyphs, Blocking is a solid choice but the TClap major glyph is not very good at higher levels. I would use Cleaving, which is amazing for AoE tanking.
Good advice already, I don't need to cover it.
Wow thanks a ton! I'll get to changing as much as I can when I get a chance ^_^ See this is why I love these forums so much more than the WoW Forums =D I already changed some stuff on my Death Knight last night before a 10M ICC and what do you know, I went from 4.6k DPS to 6.3k =D
This needs some clarification. Frost DKs dual wield. The DK talented DW hit cap is in the upper 700's, which you will most likely not ever reach. For DW Frost, any hit below the upper 700's is NOT a DPS loss, but a gain. That being said, it is still better to get Strength and Crit once your over the hit cap for Frosts special abilities, which is suprisingly low with talents: ~164 hit rating is the cap. To clarify, being over 164 hit is enough to have all your strikes (Obliterate, Plague, Blood, and Frost) to not miss; however, because you are not over the dual wield cap, your auto (white) hits will still miss here and there, probably about 20% of the time.
Originally Posted by Selene
Alright thank you =] I have always been confused on the exact number for Dual Wielding Death Knights.
I'm sitting here thinking of other ways I could advise on how to help your DK, but everything I think of is already covered here:
Very useful info, and very detailed. Pretty much answers almost any question for Frost DPS you could think of.