+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 6k gearscore warrior gutted by his single target dps

Unfortunately you were in pvp gear when I looked, but whenever I hear anyone say the word gear score it just comes out like "Idon'tknowenoughaboutmyclassmechanicsandhavetores orttoamodthatproducesanarbitrarynumberthatismeanin gless"
    Most people under perform because of skill or experience.

Don't take this as a personal dig Zag, I have no idea why you're not ripping nighties in ICC.. mebbe the raid comp isn't optimal for you.
    For everyone else, remember jebus sac's a kitten everytime someone installs GS.

Well i bet a 5k gs can never outdps me.

GS means something.

Sir be careful what you say a BIS no raiding setup can in fact softcap ArP and put out numbers even with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag View Post

GS means something.
    It's not that useful. I've found situations where it's helpful, but in general it's really probably not worth defending. If you like it feel free to use it, but keep in mind it generates a lot of hidden spam for both you and anyone else in your raid who has it installed (which results in latency, and framerate drops) and it can pretty easily give a worse item priority in your mind because it has a higher gearscore.

Also, I believe it's a net gain to switch to battle stance for Shattering Throw just before Bloodlust/Heroism. Not a personal gain, but across the whole raid it is.

GS means something.
    Seriously it means nothing at all, especially since anyone can get decent gear through badges etc.
    GS isn't theorycrafting, it's just an arbitrary number.. say I kit your warrior out in random gear that reachs 6k GS but has no bearing on things like hit, arp etc etc? better dps or worse? Hell even alot of tier gear isn't worth a damn.. just look at DK t10 legs (lol?).
    You have to balance your playstyle, stats, current set bonuses, consumables blah blah..
    Warriors are really fantastic raid dps right now, for example we have a casual raider who runs 13-14k dps in a straight out, single target dps race in arms. He doesn't have any gear that is better than 264 thats for sure but he clearly understands his class.

Anyways perhaps you could try an arms spec? it might suit your playstyle better.

higher GS doesn't always mean better stats obtained... sometimes lower GS item serves me better... balance and knowing your class and playstyle and more experience will win.

GS means something.
    It does mean something, but it's like looking at a foggy mirror. It gives you an idea of the picture, but not necessarily a great picture. Replacing gear with higher ilvl PvP gear raises gear score but lowers output. Darkmoon:Greatness+90 Str is better than most other trinkets out there despite it's 'only' ilvl 200. GS must always be taken with a grain of salt.

A player who knows their rotation and picked smartly with upgrades may only have a GS of 5300 but could easily out DPS a player with a GS of 5900 who doesn't understand their rotation/picked the highest ilvl gear without looking at the actual benefits.

Now it may be Zag knows his rotation and thus if he's at 5900 GS it would very highly unlikely that any 5000 GS player would out DPS him. But that's not so much becasue of the gear, but because of the player skill.

Production = Gear * (X^Player Skill)

Or gear gives you a baseline, but the ability of the player can drastically change the production, gear being equal. Player skill is far more meaningful than gear score and far more complicated to try to quantify.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

hmm, next thing we'll compare, would be how many keyboards we mashed because of gaming...

Well Ive done ICC25 last night.

Seen good improvement on dps starting with Marrowgar. At some point i was top dps on him.

Ive been waiting 1 second before using the next ability checkin my ragebar. Usually i pressed the next button instantly. This really helps to get higher crits.
    Another thing i changed is not using bloodrage or Berserker rage that much or not at all.
    This way i can manage to dump some rage for my white hits to give me rage for the next ability.

In some fights i try to use heroic strike as rarely as possible though i think i could use it more often to increase dps.

Ive tried to download the client from worldoflogs to put up my live fights but somehow my windows doesnt know the extension . jnlp which is required to download the client.

Anyway ill keep u up to date.

I just checked out your armory. It looks very good to me. I would only suggest that you switch out your ashen ring for the agility one which is better for warriors. At some point too you might want to re spec slightly. You will find that improved rend, tactical mastery, piercing howl, and heroic fury are all useful talents for fury warriors. Not to say your spec is bad, it's fine. I would think you do enough damage to generate rage and basically spam heroic strike at this point. Only on single targets of course, and not when whirlwind and bloodthirst are avail.

+ Reply to Thread