+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 6k gearscore warrior gutted by his single target dps

Aren't fury meant to only slam proc in their free gcd, as in, don't use it if it will push back ww/bt rotation? At least without 4 set t10.

It's a minor thing, but I believe Improved Rend is a moderate DPS increase if done correctly, even with the 4pc and the fact it won't be used much. There was a huge thread on it someplace that might also be a good source for you to find out the minutae of your rotation (it's not as pronounced as a Rogue's but there's definitely still an "optimal" way to do it).

EDIT: Found the thread - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...r-Guide/page31

Aren't fury meant to only slam proc in their free gcd, as in, don't use it if it will push back ww/bt rotation? At least without 4 set t10.
    This is debatable and highly situational. You do have enough time with a slam proc to spend 1 GCD and an ability on it before the proc expires, but you can't do both. Ideally, you hit the proc when neither WW/BT is off cooldown. The basic idea is that if you continually push back WW/BT you eventually end up at lost DPS. It will always be better to use WW/BT first, and Slam! second.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

I'd spec back into Precision as well, with your hit at 149 you're way under the cap, ideally you want your numbers to be 229.53 to hit the 7% (that number is factoring in the 1% from Heroic Presence) to calculate hit i use http://wow-heroes.com/hitcalculator.php

You will have to pop all 3 points back into precision with dranea as your race you will be at 8% hit from gear racial and precision. The boost to ArP means that with food and Potion you are almost 100% ArP which means you shuold see a HUGE increase in DPS. Let us know how it works man. Just respec back into percision before you give us the numbers. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Dmgsponge View Post
    I'd spec back into Precision as well, with your hit at 149 you're way under the cap, ideally you want your numbers to be 229.53 to hit the 7% (that number is factoring in the 1% from Heroic Presence) to calculate hit i use http://wow-heroes.com/hitcalculator.php
    He will only need 4% from gear

4% from gear + 1% from Heroic Pressence + 3% from PRecision Talent.= 8% hit to smack a boss

My fury warrior is by no means near your gscore, but I have a few things that help me put out the sort of dps I enjoy seeing. The first thing I did was set up poweraura alerts for victory rush and slam! procs. I personally only use slam when it procs, and I nearly always use Vrush when it procs, I've never heard of anyone doing this, but I've noticed a damage/dps increase and it only adds more rage without a large cost. The second thing I did was relax. I was once prone to spamming buttons to make sure I had everything hit when it was available, but I ended up making mistakes. 1 second is a surprisingly long time when you're relaxed. Know your priorities and hit them when they are up, but just be calm about it, I always weave in HS when I have 60+ rage and cleave in multi mob packs when I have 65+ rage and I have poweraura alerts to tint my screen when I'm sitting at those rage levels.
    Fury is my passion. My warrior is my main. Heed the advice of those that posted before my and then just relax. It's all about the chill.

Thoughts that I haven't seen covered.

* What is your latency? Your rotation looks like it could be improved some (more HS when rage allows, since it's a white-attach modifer, not a GCD modifer), but it may also be latency related?.

* One thing to think about too is trying to (and it's hard because they're procs and there for not controllable) stack Death Wish with either of your trinket's procs. The 20% increased damage with the extra attack power should be fairly valuable. This hasn't been mentioned, but with 2 trinkets that proc AP bonuses, I'm not sure you'd be waiting long for using Death Wish - unless those better than I suggest using it immediately.

* Others may disagree, but how is your rage generation? If you find you're holding back to manage rage, the extra rage generated from unbridaled wrath (more HS at a minimum) should offset the 82.5 AP bonus from 3/5 commanding presence and 2/2 booming voice.

* Does someone in the raid keep sunder @ 5 stacks (prot warrior tank ftw)? Over a boss fight where there's no risk of it dropping off, there's no reason not to keep sunder up and even though you loose the odd GCD every now and then, over the course of the fight the extra damage adds up (don't recommend it for heroics though...)
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

using a mod like powerauras would make stacking deathwish with trinket buffs much, much easier.

Also the cooldown timer part of fortexorcist will show you how long til your trinkets/berserking enchant etc are off cooldown, ie. when you can expect them to proc again.

Also, IMO, unless you are a hardcore min/maxxer or perfectionist, learn to be content with upper tier averageness. There is nothing wrong with not being the best but still be better than alot of other people. FIgure out what you would enjoy seeing, and use the tools necesarry get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdorrior View Post
    using a mod like powerauras would make stacking deathwish with trinket buffs much, much easier.
    A bit offtopic maybe but I used to use a different addon for procs before (TellMeWhen) but have lately switched to PowerAuras so I get a sound queue as well as the graphical representation. Big improvement I have to say if someone havent thought of using a sound signal for for example KM as is my case.

Well i got some good news.

Indeed i put 3 points back into precision and i counted on the Dreanei passive buff of 1%.

Did ICC25 and i got the Deathbringers Will and a token from Saurfang.

Equipped the Deathbringers Will and did nearly 10K on Festergut.

On Rotface i got the last blood and bought Shadows Edge. My Arp is now 100% without buffs.

I even could equip the Tier legs without arp and im still on 100% arp.

Next thing im doing is buying the 4th token to get the set bonus just have to see which one im gonna get cause my hands and chest are is Frost emblem gear and it has arp on both.

Indeed i used to be top on activity in 25 man spamming the buttons to increase the dps. I may well be doing too much spamming and making my dps output worse like u said.

My latency is pretty much always round 120 ms think thats good enuf.

I also use victory rush when up but this isnt really relevant on bosses while it only comes up after killing a mob.

Slam i use on proc other than that i use BT and Whirl when up and HS when the others are on cd.

Deathwish at start of the fight so i can used it twice in a fight maybe this isnt preffered over using it on trinket proccing for example have to look at that. Same goes for Recklessness.

Anyway i changed my Arp from 70% to 100% in one day with easy and cheap changes with some luck on drops.

Gonna put on the 4 set bonus now and see tomorrow what i do in VOA 25 Toravon, thats a good boss to check it out on. I was usually on bout 8k on him so im hoping for above 10K now.

And i will try to chill with the button spamming.

GS is 5922 now btw.

And i replaced my Bryntroll with the Shadows edge and kept the Ramaladnis cause it has Arp. Think i did the right thing there.

Check ya guys later!

Okay well some great drops/pickups there and now you are 100% Arm Pen you can see the difference. Good going.

With the legs - Although Sanct Legs are BIS, Legplates of Painful Death are significantly better in themselves. Meaning, you want the Expertise with all the other BIS items (non heroic) AND of course you want the 4 set bonus. Sanct Legs have about...3 points I think more Strength, but one less gem slot, plus the Arm Pen on L of PD is huge, so you can put that to other things, even Expertise if you had to, and still be ahead. So all up, it will depend on where you Expertise sits now, in terms of which ones you go for. Just to be clear - say you had to gem for 40 expertise....you'd still be 52 ahead to use on Strength gems in other slots (because you'd already have Arm Pen from the L of PD legs)

As for your OH, it's no contest. Bryntoll is a hopeless OH as the proc occurs far less - only on WW I think - than it does as MH. So that makes it much less of a weapon and it is not much of a stat stick - just some Strength. Use the Ram's for sure. Which is why I took the time to go through all that about the legs above. Remember you are fine with only 25 Expertise, which is about 205/8 points. Capped Expertise is about 25 point something, so we say 26 (214 points) to keep it simple.

All the best.

Hey back for some info.

Did VOA25 today, had 8k on Toravon 25. Not good.

Dont see any real change compared to 70% arp.

I didnt use a flask btw.

Dunno why its so low while i did som high crits.

Maybe rotation?

/combat log (I think) right before a fight.

Upload to WoL and link so those who can read those parses can help you?
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

/combatlog

no space.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Lol this is getting to be a bad habit.

Looking at your gear now, it's improved even more than you indicated above I think as you now have 4 piece with 2 Sanct - stick with those obviously. Your ranged is much better, even though it's a lower item level than the higher badge one you had before. Bracers are good, subject to what I'll say below. Belt much better - the other is no good for Fury.

The major problem with your gearing now is that you are under the Hit cap at 149. You must be 164. You also have too much expertise at 31, which means considerable wastage in terms of stats you could direct elsewhere if your gear choices allow it. You are over on Arm Pen now also - once you eat your Hearty Rhino you will be 12 points over cap. You should take your Nightmare Tear out of your neck and put it into your chest, as the bonus is higher there. You have one slot you could change to Arm Pen if need be, in your cloak. The rest (those that are relevant) are all Arm Pen.

So.... Zag there is no way under the sun with this level gear that you will not see a huge difference, 70% Arm Pen compared with 100% Arm Pen - no other way to put it. At the same time it's vital you fix that Hit cap, as that will cost you more than anything else. From memory, you have the Polar Bear Claw Bracers. These have more than enough hit you need, plus good Strength, albeit with no Arm Pen other than what you can gem - same as on the current. So you'd lose 50 Arm Pen on the changeover, but you could regem your cloak to Arm Pen and allowing for the surplus you have now, you'd be...18 points shy of capped (actually 17 as the cap is 1399, but whatever). This is unless you can make up the hit in some other way, while keeping your other stats balanced - particularly say if you could somehow ditch some Expertise. I don't know all the gear you have available.

Nothing is as important as making sure your Hit and Expertise caps are as they should be, however boring that might be. A miss that would not occur if you were Hit capped will cost you significant dps, for example. All the rest come after.

Even after saying all that though, with your gear as I see it now 8k dps on Toravon 25 is....not good. I'm not sure when your DBW would have procced, or how often, but no way you shouldn't be over at least 10k. So as others have suggested, let's see the log.

Quote Originally Posted by Passive View Post
    No no this isn't right at all, although it is reasonably complicated I suppose.

If you want to read more than you may be able to cope with on this subject, then find the Fury Warrior's Compendium on EJ's - enough mathematics and the like to shake MIT to its foundations and may one day see Mars colonised, maybe.

Bear in mind my CORE rotation is BT/WW/BT, although Thegreatme (see his guide above) appears to be a WW(first)/BT fan. He says it makes no difference but I haven't thought that through and am not going to spend the time on it now. In any event I am speaking from my BT/WW/BT perspective, not the other.

I am trying to put this simply so.... You WILL push back either your BT or WW OR both, IF your Bloodsurge proc will fall off if you don't. The overall dps is higher that way. But a lot of things go into that. WHEN you work in the Slam will depend on WHEN it will fall off. So, you might BT/WW/BT, wait, BT THEN Slam, THEN WW/BT and so on, for example. Even things like your latency are critical here.

There's a lot more, but honestly if I get started on this I'd be here longer than I have right now. Just....weave in your Slams while delaying your basic BT/WW/BT as little as possible.
    Last edited by Rabbia; 06-10-2010 at 12:13 AM.

Hey Rabbia,

thanx for ur info.

I did Lich King 10 yesterday and saw interesting stuff.

In phase one i held back on whirl cause of the adds so in one fight I spammed BT every time it was up, did nothing else for bout 45 seconds. Amazingly my dps rocketed to 9.5k wihout touching the other buttons but BT. I didnt use Deathwish and Recklessness either in those 45 seconds.

When i started using Whirl and Heroic strike i went back to 7.5k overall so I definately think my rage control isnt what its suposed to be.

I just dont know where to hold back or go all out.

Ill try again today on a dummy and see where the problem lies.

Never really spent that much time on my rage control tbh.

Don't hold back on your whirlwinds in P1 LK, those adds don't hit for much at all and are like little rage batteries. I like to have one or two hitting on me so i'm always full on rage. Also, use your cooldowns on LK pretty much every time they're up. If you blow them right at the start of the fight, Deathwish should come back up right at the start of the transition phase. Mine usually comes back up right as the first raging spirit spawns which means we can burn it down nice and quick.

And yeah, proper rage control is what seperates the ok fury warriors from the great ones. Unfortunately you can't practice raid condition rage control on the dummies since you generate far less rage. Remember to use bloodrage and berserker rage liberally, bloodrage is off the CD so you can press it any time (i like to keep it on CD most of the time) and berserker rage can be fitted in to a free GCD (save it if the mob/boss fears for fear breaks).
    Last edited by kemikalkadet; 06-10-2010 at 10:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread