+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 6k gearscore warrior gutted by his single target dps

6k gearscore warrior gutted by his single target dps

Hi all,

Im pretty disappointed by my dps on single targets when i see other warriors with substantially lower gear outdpsing me.

Ive got nearly 6k gearscore with 3 tier items equipped, legs are 264.

Ive gemmed arp except for the meta dependant gems.

Rotation is BT - Whirl - Slam when it procs, HS every time i cant use one of the main 3.

It seems i have above 50% rage all the time, maybe even above 75%, so if anything i have too much rage.

I got the standard 18/53/0 talenttree.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nds&cn=Zagorin

For example i do 8.5k on Saurfang 25 man and i know i should do better.

Ive got 72% arp, 261 hit, 27 exp, 4947 power, 40,24% crit.

I think it cant be gems or gear so it must be my rotation.

In all honesty i dont really stick to the rotation when i see BT up instead of Whirl i just hit it and use everything thats available.

What am i doing wrong?

Make Sure You DW during BL that is a Big gain right there if you are not. I am also unsure of whether you should Gem ArP yet, Right now if you are make sure you are using heart Rhino (40 ArP food) and Elixir of armor piercing that way you are sitting more towards 1100 ArP . This may be the Crux where ArP and STR are the same but IDK, your over hit by quite some change i think Titanium Spikegaurds are better than your current bracers, Only because that 50 hit is literally wasted and the have 50ArP on them http://www.wowhead.com/item=47572 . Also pewrhaps even go back down to the 245 thrown http://www.wowhead.com/item=47659 dunno just spittballing. I do know that you shuold change your belt to http://www.wowhead.com/item=50995 as you are over hit and it gives a ton of ArP.

Thanx for the tip. I will look into more arp gear.

with ArPis real a pain to look at I dont have the time to Plug your Guy into Landouls so i dont know if the trade from STR to ArP on the Bracers is DPS loss or not, My rule of thumb when talking to guys is 80% ArP gem for it till then stack STR. You are really close With the Food And Potion you will see a large jump as 85 ArP is alot when you are only 399 away from a hard cap situation.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=44330
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=42995

and also if you really wanna get there you may have to swap Mining for JC and put mining on an alt.

Well....

Look this isn't a shot at you, but your gear really isn't that good. I haven't verified but I'm a bit surprised that this is a 6k GS, even.

If you are serious about being a Fury Warrior you must get a weapon like Shadow's Edge, not Bryntoll - that is more for Pally's and certain DK's. Because in particular you want to get the passive cap for Arm Pen - 100%, not 72%. That alone will make a huge difference in your dps. The same sort of consideration carries over into your other gear. Your belt, your second trink, for example - NO arm pen, just stats that aren't doing you very much good, whatever the GS might be, as it is now. Plus you only have 3 pieces of tier ten, and the only one that is Sanct is the worst of the three best - helm, chest, legs - particularly at this point where you HAVE Ram's as your OH. So you are actually OVER the Expertise cap, which is useless. (Not by much admittedly, but still). 164 is the soft hit cap, and there you are, at 261 - not much use there either, not at this point.

With respect if anything, and assuming this really is a 6k GS, it's a prime example of a GS being misleading. On Saurfang I would average well over 10k and even hit 11k, when I was at 5700GS, with only 3 piece tier ten. A k or more more on Fester or Rotface say, depending on how things panned out. I'd average that much even, entire runs.

So in a way I'm saying...cheer up, I don't think it's you, not entirely at least. Your rotation may need work, but read over the guide here and at EJ's. Start with BT though, not WW, I would suggest - I haven't thought it through but instinct suggests to me there's a difference although Thegreatme may be right - as I say I haven't thought it through yet.

Well to get the Shadows edge i need the blood ofcourse and i think im getting the last one tonight.

Considering the legs 264 tier i got them from VOA not for a token.

I will drop the Precision from my talenttree and see what i can replace that with.

But if i get u guys i should just go for arp gear even if it drops all the other stats?

The drop mining suggestion is a good one as you can then go JC and get 3 JC gems.

Dropping Precision may actually make sense in this unusual case but ordinarily I'd not do this. Drop Improved Berserker Rage (I hadn't looked at your tree earlier). For god's sake you have too many rage generators, but ironically not the best value of all - Anger Management. You will Berserker Rage sometimes, but not often as it's on the GCD, so runs the risk of dps loss, you see? Drop Iron Will and put those points into Tactical Mastery instead, in case you want to Rend, Shattering Throw or whatever. I'd drop another point out of UW and take Heroic Fury also - it's very handy in ICC. You don't seem to go into raid shouts but that's up to you.

On talent tree, take a look at Landsoul of Vodka guild. Bear in mind he will be generating more rage than you will, so he won't need any of what you might by way of rage generating talents. But at the 6k GS mark, that shouldn't be a problem.

As for Arm Pen, the advice given about plugging it in to the Spreadsheet is sensible and is the normal advice. But let me put it this way, I'd be VERY surprised if switching all Strength gems over to Arm Pen until you hit the cap, and even changing those legs to Legplates of Painful Death say UNTIL you need the Sanct for 4 piece proc and you have replaced Ram's in OH, would not knock your socks off, dps-wise.

Your weapon and gear could use an upgrade, As someone previously stated Shadows Edge would be massive over Bryntoll, You are a biy short of the desired ArP amount most warriors want

Also nothing personal.. But 6k GS means nothing, GS as a whole means nothing and just sounds nooby =x. Again nothing personal at you but something i noticed is the thred title "6k gs warrior gutted by his DPS" making it sound like you assume 6K GS automatically means you or for that fact anyone else is good,

If that is the fact try and remove that assosciation from your head, It will allow you to focus more on stats and other benefits when putting gear sets together rather then keeping your left eye on the Gear score mod. In turn this should help you as a warrior know what your strengths are, even down to the detail as many people miss because alot of minor DPS losses or alot of minor upgrades all add up to quite a significant amount.. and this is what alot of people miss.

Also could you please post a rough guide line of your current raiding progress as so we can find out what you currently have access to gear wise and can assess and give you tips on what to aim for within your reach.

Thanks and good luck!

I got jc on my rogue so i dont think im going jc on my warrior.

Im not keen on switching to battle stance really. Seems like a waste of time. Id rather stay in berserker all the time. Dont think there should be anything wrong with that.

Ive got those legplates of painfull death in fact, i just replaced em with the tier legs 264, because i had to gem 4x expertise with those legs. Now it seems its just the same, i lose arp but dont have to gem the exp. only im on my way to the 4 tier pieces. i got the frost to buy the 4th piece but does the 4 set bonus beat the gloves 264 for example i use now?

I know gs doesnt mean everything but it sure means u should be able to do some major dps if ur competing with 5kgs. I just put it in the title so u had an idea of my gear.

Im doing 10 man heroic icc and 25 man till 6th boss atm.

Alright thanks for the info, Ill take a look at it overnight and see if i cant give you some personal recommendations of what i deem to be easily obtainable yet solid upgrades for you.

keep up the good work, Reppin warriors proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Zag View Post

Rotation is BT - Whirl - Slam when it procs, HS every time i cant use one of the main 3.
    You should be using HS at the same time as the other three. It's not on the GCD.

Okay well that's access to some decent gear. You need gear with further expertise to bolster your Ram's OH then, and go back to the other legs, until you get Sanct 4 piece. I'd not gem for it. JC well sure understand making g is important, but this was about maximising this character's dps - you won't do that with 500 hp from mining obviously.

It's hard to explain but the gear here, it's a bit of a mess, stats-wise. Get 100% Arm Pen and see what happens....

Good luck.

Something tells me that isn't 6k GS, 251 gear mixed with 264 won't reach 6k, if it did I would have 7k+ in full 277, and I only have 6.4k with it.

Anyway get more gear and do your rotations better. If you lack any buffs(haste/sunder is massive and not always present) then it will have a very negative effect on your output.

Don't buy a shadow's edge as most guilds can just sell you a heroic cryptmaker for like 20k instead, which is obviously a better deal.

GS is 5970 so pretty much 6k.

Thanx for info Rabbia, will try for 100% arp.

Well ive replaced the ranged 264 weapon for a 245 one with arp. `
    The 264 bracers for the 245 bsm ones with arp.
    And the plate waist for the rogue waist 264 with arp.

Went from 72% arp to 90% now.

Gonne eat arp food in raids and then im curious what my dps will be like.

My gs went from 5970 to 5922 so hope this doesnt make too much difference with losing ap and crit.

My hit went from 261 to 149 and i also dropped precision from the talents.

Have to see if the hit is too low now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag View Post
    In all honesty i dont really stick to the rotation when i see BT up instead of Whirl i just hit it and use everything thats available.
    I dont know anything about dpsing as a warrior I should say to start... but this statement above alone is something you'll lose dps from. Whether its a static rotation or a priority list that is developed for your class, you need to learn to stick to it. Once you've really mastered it you can start experimenting and adapting to different situations but before that you need to learn NOT to just press everythink that is available at the time. I would recomend 30 minutes with a training dummy if you arent used to following rotations/prio lists to develop some muscle memory, really helps to start a new spec with or if you havent learned an old one properly.

Thanx for that info Patrik, but i have to say i have a rogue that has to stick to rotations so im used to em. On the other hand on the warrior it doesnt seem to make any difference if i use the rotation or not.

Precision is a point-for-point larger DPS gain than any other talent that early in the tree. Spec back into it. It doesn't matter if you are over-cap or not.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread