+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Process Checker: A Way to Catch Keyloggers.

Process Checker: A Way to Catch Keyloggers.

A friend of mine who recently came back to the game got hacked, because he did not reinstate his authenticator when he came back so he was vulnerable.

During his recovery process he had the opportunity to talk with some GM's about security. They recommended a process checker program.

Here's the link to the program that scans your PC processes. http://www.processlibrary.com/processscan/ You gotta download the app for it to work.

What you wanna do with it is run it once while nothing is up, browsers, wow login, etc. It will generate a report of what processes are active while your system is idle. Print it out, then using that web page it generates, click on the processes and look up what the processes are and what they do if you're not familiar with them (like me!). THEN, open up your wow client and go to the login screen and run the app again.

Once it generates the report, print it out and cross-check it against your first report and look for discrepancies. Anything that comes up in the second report you want to check out and see what it does. This is the only way that I know of to catch a keylogger that hasn't been caught by Avast/McAfee etc. Worth the time.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    A friend of mine who recently came back to the game got hacked, because he did not reinstate his authenticator when he came back so he was vulnerable.

During his recovery process he had the opportunity to talk with some GM's about security. They recommended a keylogger checker program.
    I might have caught the keylogger before they could have done any damage. Therefore I don't see what else they could do besides tell me to run a virus scan to get rid of it.

+ Reply to Thread