+ Reply to Thread

Thread: where to go now.

where to go now.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ne&n=Tr%C3%A1v
    this is my character, at the moment, what i would be doing is heroics, over and over, farming triumphs to get my purples, apart from that, i dont know what i should be doing, im probably wasting my time doing things in a bad order, i have 100g. lol

my guild raid icc, i dont relaly know what it is, but im not a bad tank, so im looking to get the gear up, and join them asap, can anyone tell me exactly what i should do, what gear i should get, thanks

You have a lot of work on your hands.

The first thing you need to do is spend some time reading the guides on this site to learn about tanking. You've managed to spec yourself decently but gearwise, you've got some pretty big issues. If you're running heroics in your current state, I feel sorry for your healers.

Your biggest problems now are the numerous pieces of DPS gear you've got in place of what should be tanking gear. Particularly out of place in your kit are your trinkets, both of which contribute very little to your ability to complete your function as a tank.

All hope is not lost however, and you've come to the right spot and folks on this forum will be happy to help you get moving in the right direction.

Here is a quick list of steps you can take to get you started:

Step 1. Stop running heroics and start running regular dungeons until your defense rating is over 535 (its currently just 504, leaving you vulnerable to a quick and ugly death by critical hits)

Step 2. Go and read through these guides. Some of it will be on subjects that are a little advanced for you at this point, but its worth the effort. If you don't understand, come back and ask questions.

Agg's Guide

Frequently Asked Questions

Step 3. Go to the AH and buy yourself some Tempered Saronite Legplates

Step 4. Now I realize that you've got a very limited budget so I'm going to try to give you a list of things you will absolutely need to do before your ready for tanking a heroic.

Get your chest enchanted with 20 defense
    Get your shield enchanted with defense
    Get your cloak enchanted with defense

Buy a belt buckle and attach it to your belt.
    Fill in your empty gem slots with Thick Autumn Dawnstones (There should be three total - 1 in your hat and 2 in your belt)

When you've accomplished these tasks, come back and give us an update and we can go from there. You might need to run some randoms as a dps to scare up some cash or spend some time doing daily quests or farming mats to pad out your bank account a bit.

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...ght=tankertots

The best place you can get the best pieces to use. Get all of this stuff, follow Agg's guide above for gemming, etc. and you're good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

if you have a good guild group, who has spare change to spring for "tempered saronite set" ask them for it to start you off.

gold wise, mining full bags of ores and bars and selling in AH, could be a little slow, or fast depending on what you mine and sell...
    i suggest going to outland, flying around, swooping for ore, the mobs in outland should be no problem for you...
    also on the course of mining, i would also suggest you UP your other 1hand weapons, axe, sword, and mace as there are good defensive swords, axes and maces that may dropped for you...

everyday do at least 1 random heroic for your 2pc frost emblems, i would very much suggest with guild friends who can carry you through.
    then do Normal dungeons for added triumph emblems, i managed to complete my 4pc only T9 232 set plus a ring and trink in 2 weeks, playing 3 or 4 dungeons a day only.

my advice as a 2 or 3 week fresh tank myself.

Honestly I wouldn't bother with the Tempered Saronite set, you can still faceroll heroics, just gem up your defense and enchant it. The first heroic I did at 80 was as soon as I dinged and I still hadn't ground out the last 5 defense skill, I was quite crittable and still survived.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Skill can make up for alot but skill only comes through experience, which I suspect may be lacking in this case. Hence my suggestion of the more conservative (yet, somehow radical) course of actually getting crit-capped.

thanks for everyone advice, ive just been triumph farming, when i can play, heroics are no problem, healers can manage me without 2 much trouble

+ Reply to Thread