+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I gemmed/enchanted properly? Anything I should improve?

Am I gemmed/enchanted properly? Anything I should improve?

I've done a lot of research on the "best" tanking gems and enchants. And I mean a LOT. I think I've got it right - I always gem +30 stam except for the required gems for my meta, and if the socket bonus is +9 or +12 Stamina, in which case I gem the correct socket using either a Shifting Dreadstone (for Red) and Vivid Eye of Zul (for Yellow) to improve my Hit/Agi as necessary (I'm still a little bit below the Hit cap but there doesn't seem to be anything more I can do to increase it.).

However, I just want to verify with much more experienced people to make sure my choice of gems/enchants is the best it can be for raiding; I typically only do 10 mans, with the occasional (rare) ICC25 pug. Sort of to relieve myself of worrying if I'm gemmed properly. I once had someone be like "lol nice gemming bro l2gem" during a Trade discussion (said person was a NOTORIOUS troll on my server, though) so it kind of started me worrying in the back of my head that maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Can I get a seal of approval or additional advice from the awesome, more experienced raiders here please? I'm mainly concerned that I've gemmed stamina like all the guides say but my hit rating is only like 190-something. Should I replace the Glyph of Indomitability with one of the DPS +Hit glyphs??
    Last edited by obiwayne; 06-06-2010 at 06:15 AM.

For straight stam stacking through gems you would want to change the gems in your pants to 3x +30 stam and put a purple gem in your belt to keep your meta.

Quote Originally Posted by obiwayne View Post
    I'm mainly concerned that I've gemmed stamina like all the guides say but my hit rating is only like 190-something. Should I replace the Glyph of Indomitability with one of the DPS +Hit glyphs??
    190 hit rating is fine. Worrying about your threat isn't that big of a deal anymore, sadly.
    King of Cheese, Pope of Lemons, Warlord of Pancakes, Sultan of Omelletes, Czar of Zuchini, Kaiser of Pretzels, Archduke of Apples, Duke of Pimento-loaf, Prime-Minister of Meats, Count of Tomato, The Regent of Danish, Chieftan of Chutney, and Lord of the Dance.

I Had a similar issue and was told by the guys on here to do a couple of things. Check out this thread I started and the answer I got. Look at the first answer I got. The thread: I need tanking advice please?????? I have found that me not being hit capped hasnt made that much difference that i have noticed. As far as you being gemmed properly i would say you could change two things I would change out that gem in your helm and put a nightmare tear in there that way you can get your meta bonus by stacking nothing but stam gems, and if you look at your legs even though you are getting the socket bonus of +12 by matching the sockets thats a total of +72 stam where as if you stacked 3 +30 stam gems thats +90 stam. Thats all i see and my two cents worth. Outside of that ( and you can change it or not, either way I would say that you are fine).

Latormenta
    Last edited by latormenta; 06-06-2010 at 09:01 AM.

Get rid of the agi enchants on your cloak and gloves and switch for armor. Also get the PVP enchant of 30 stam for your shoulders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    Get rid of the agi enchants on your cloak and gloves and switch for armor. Also get the PVP enchant of 30 stam for your shoulders.
    Hmm... really? Armor above maybe stamina on the gloves?

Either 18 stam or 240 armor, tbh the 240 armor is more EHP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

+ Reply to Thread