+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue, Dk, resto sham

Rogue, Dk, resto sham

Just curious how this combo would work out. Its basically me and some guildies hovering around 1300 until we (they, really) get better gear. But assuming the gear issue phases out and we get more coordinated, how far would this combo go? Im the DK, unholy, the rogue is combat pvp, and the shammy is resto. Its a weird setup and I can see some potential on non-war teams.

Any combo can go to 2200 if the players have the needed skills but to develop those you'd have to be playing for quite some time and actively pvping.

So. Rogue, Dk, Resto shaman. The rogue being combat is not optimal but it will be good enough for 1800.

Strengths:
    - MS
    - Decent Damage Output
    - Decent peels

Weaknesses:
    - No spammable CC
    - No defensive dispel

The general idea would probably to open on one target and either straight up drop it or while your mates are working on one guy, you purge a different target clean and you guys do a death-grip+swap with your rogue popping most of his CDs, while you try and frog a healer.

Your wind-shear target should be a damage dealer like a mage but of course when an enemy is low and you see a paladin cast a huge holy light, shock that.

You will probably have lots of trouble with Spellcleaves. Teach your teammates to delay their defensive cooldowns as long as possible by LOSing the enemys. Say you play versus and Ele Shaman and a Destro Warlock, if the rogue notices he has both Immolate and Flame Shock on him, rather than CloS he should run towards a pillar. The same goes for heroism, no one in your team will survive the coordinated burst a spellcleave has during Heroism, all 3 of you LOS and wait it out.

Mages can be viable targets when you are able to purge off their Ice Barrier, with a rogue and a DK on them, there's not much a mage can do to escape, he can blink once, that'll be it for a few seconds.

Should nothing work, try and split dps once you're able to drop something to ~50% do a switch, Silence/Frog the healer and blow cooldowns.

Meeles don't benefit as much from Heroism as casters do so you can blow hero when you feel the need to pump out big heals quickly or when your mates are blowing CDs.

Gotta go work is calling, any questions just post I'll answer at home.

Thanks for the advice. Mages dont seem to be TOO much of an issue for us.

Right now we are having some issues dealing with warriors. We can normally get a disarm up when he does bladestorm but not all the time. Even after bladestorm they hit HARD and they charge a lot. Im wondering (depending on the situation of course) if I or the rogue should stay around the shammy, or have the rogue stay around me, and eartbind/chains him and I try to get good spots for desecration.

Now thinking about it having the rogue with the shammy might be bad due to sweeping strikes and WW

The WW itself is not as bad for the rogue because he can use Faint to reduce the Bladestorm damage by 50%.

Usually you should spread out and have only one target be hit by Bladestorm if possible and obv. disarm as fast as possible. Even if it's a late disarm, a bladestorm can cause major damage and you'll need some time to recover. Depending on the rogues awareness him disarminng when your MS debuff is about to fall off would be ideal, so it can fall off and you'll have an easier time picking yourself up. If you fight a bad warrior that forgets to put up MS during Bladestorm don't bother disarming unless you are in major trouble, you should be able to heal that easily.

You should probably focus warriors against most comps that have them, for example, TSG, WLD and the likes. You should have good chances against these comps. Purge warrior of buffs so that when he gets freedom from a paladin you'll be able to get it off faster, with a rogue that has slowing poison and a dk that has desecration + chains of ice you should be able to run away and LOS a warrior before he can catch up to you.

+ Reply to Thread