+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Retribution Palladin NEED HELP

Retribution Palladin NEED HELP

Heres the problem im not doing enough DPS/damage to single target enemies/bosses. Currently i have been doing anywhere from 5-6k dps in ICC. and i have seen other ret pallys doing anwhere from 8-10k. Ive tried a couple of different thing and what i have right now is the best i have gotten but it still not good enough i dont know what i am doing wrong.
    My rotation is Judgement>CrusaderStrike>concecration>divinestorm> exorcism(if i have art of war)>holy wrath, that the start and then from there i use whatever is on cooldown. i have mainly strength socketed and some haste, i was told by another ret pally on my server that i do not have bryntoll weapon that i need some haste for the swing speed and global cooldown i helped some but not that much So i any one has any advice about what im doing wrong please help.
    Link to character on WOW aromory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ia&cn=Tokendps

First of all, whoever told you to gem haste needs to hand in his bubble.

Ret paladin gemming strategy is very easy. Bold Cardinal Rubies for everything except where there is a yellow socket bonus that would net you +4 strength or more. In that case, you would use an Inscribed Ametrine (+10 strength +10 Crit). Get rid of those haste gems.

For some pretty clear and easy information to understand follow this link:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-pa...n-paladin-faq/

There are a couple items in your gear selection that could stand to be changed. I'll link the BiS slot from Elitist Jerks:

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t84213-r...s_lists_3_3_a/

Your glyphs are completely wrong. With only 9 expertise you are going to get dodged and parried a lot which will cost you DPS. At least pick up the Seal of Vengeance glyph for boss fights. While we are talking about glyphs, you can pretty much get rid of every major glyph you have. They are wrong.

Lastly, if you have your gear, glyphs and gems straightened out and are still noticing low DPS, I'd suggest not being a mouse clicker. I'm only taking a stab at this but mouse clicking your spells can result in a huge DPS loss.

Here's a link on how to setup and use keybindings:

http://www.locksucks.com/2008/08/l2pvp-keybindings/

That link was aimed at warlocks but the information is sound.

Hope this helps!

- Pallby

I'll just stick to the obvious.

Gear
    You should be socketing strength in almost everything with the exception of Str/crit in yellow sockets with 4str or better bonus, and a Nightmare tear in the blue socket that gives you the best socket bonus. Ditch the haste/expertise gems. The agility rep ring is better than the str ring. NES is a pretty bad trinket choice for a ret paladin, I'm fairly certain that the Greatness deck is a better choice. As for enchants, try to get the Sons of Hodir shoulder enchant, it's 15 extra crit. Also, the glove enchant should be 44 AP.

Spec
    Take the 2 points in unyielding faith and move them to Pursuit of Justice. You spend more time than you realize moving in ICC boss fights, and the faster you get in range to dps the more dmg you will do.

Glyphs
    All wrong. Use glyph of Judgement, SoV, and Consecration (it reduces gcd clashes).

Rotation
    With 2pt10, DS pulls way up in the priority. Should look something like Judgement > DS > CS > HoW (under 20%) > Consecrate > Exo > Holy Wrath. Everything is a priority ie don't try to finish the rotation if a skill higher up comes off cd. Also what seal are you using on boss fights? SoV is better single target, only use SoC for trash or situations like Deathwhisper or Dreamwalker, where there are many adds.

That's a general critique, it is by no means everything you need to do, but should be enough to get you headed in the right direction.

Yes i use SoV on single, and your saying i should get the other DPS ring from the ICC rep rings the one with agility, and thanks to both for replying

Yes, the other ICC rep ring with agi. The str one is way over budget on stam unfortunately.

THNKS to all who posted and helped out its greatly appreciated i do see a pretty big improvment in dps about 2k single target. Just one more question if any one can help what should my next trinket be over the greatness deck. and is the war token trinket i got from frost emblems good or you think something would suite me better? If you have any input on this pls let me know thank you ahead of time

Death's Choice/Death's Verdict and Whispering Fanged Skull are viable upgrades, but I believe Tiny Abomination in a Jar is BiS.

+ Reply to Thread