Ch-ch-Changes
    Don't want to be a richer man
    Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
    (Turn and face the strain)
    Ch-ch-Changes
    Just gonna have to be a different man
    Time may change me
    But I can't trace time

Is the Beta for the range addon you mentioned avaliable to the public?

Hm, in my raid we use this marko for Sindragosa:

/rw {Skull}<<<>>> {Square}<<<>>>{Diamond}
    /rw {Cross}<<<>>> {Moon}<<<>>>{Triangle}

Works quite well.

But the sheet reminds me of Thaddius in Naxx40 were I painted the move-directions for the awesome 4 point tactic on a sticker and attached it on my monitor and it always worked.
    I still have this piece of art in my PC-desk because it is so precious to me. ^_^
    Wer reitet so spät durch Nacht und Wind?
    Es ist der Kodo mit seinem Rind.

What is the name of the addon still in BETA?
    I made a Tankspot account just to ask this.

It sounded like she said Hypermap.

HUDMap

But I would caution relying on this too much. While AVR-e provided areas not to stand overlayed on the 3-D textures, HUDMap is, as its name implies, a Heads Up Display, meaning that everything is from a top down perspective.

This can be very disorienting when trying to translate a 2-d representation into a 3-d world where you have a movable camera. IMO, unlike AVR-e, I think the mod can actually take away from reaction time and raid awareness.
    Last edited by Spiritus; 06-05-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sylio View Post
    What is the name of the addon still in BETA?
    I made a Tankspot account just to ask this.

It sounded like she said Hypermap.
    HudMap

http://www.wowace.com/addons/hudmap/

Thanks for the link. I will have to check this out. Looks like it could work really well.

Turning on projected textures if you're experiencing frame rate problems is not such an amazing idea anymore, even if it you have problems seeing fire that you don't want to stand in. As of 3.2 many of the boss effects and player effects which were blanketed by the projected textures settings in the video options are now separate. Now as default, player effects such as consecrate and death & decay will not have their spectacular glow effects turned on and their projections are also off. Conversely boss effects, a prime example being Cave Ins for the Hodir fight in Ulduar, are automatically and irreversibly turned on (this is the same effect as the mark for frost bombs on Sindragosa p2).

As a result, if you are having problems with both identifying things such as shadow traps (in melee particularly) and are also experiencing FPS problems, using projected textures will only slow you down further as well as obscuring boss mechanics with ground effects. The visibility will be greatly increased by increasing particle density, but this will decrease your FPS even further than projected textures. You can get around this in environments with a lot of contrast such as the Frozen Throne by adjusting your gamma, darker for bright environments and brighter for dark environments. This will help to accentuate contrast between usually bright ground player effects and projected boss effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeree View Post
    Turning on projected textures if you're experiencing frame rate problems is not such an amazing idea anymore, even if it you have problems seeing fire that you don't want to stand in. As of 3.2 many of the boss effects and player effects which were blanketed by the projected textures settings in the video options are now separate. Now as default, player effects such as consecrate and death & decay will not have their spectacular glow effects turned on and their projections are also off. Conversely boss effects, a prime example being Cave Ins for the Hodir fight in Ulduar, are automatically and irreversibly turned on (this is the same effect as the mark for frost bombs on Sindragosa p2).

As a result, if you are having problems with both identifying things such as shadow traps (in melee particularly) and are also experiencing FPS problems, using projected textures will only slow you down further as well as obscuring boss mechanics with ground effects. The visibility will be greatly increased by increasing particle density, but this will decrease your FPS even further than projected textures. You can get around this in environments with a lot of contrast such as the Frozen Throne by adjusting your gamma, darker for bright environments and brighter for dark environments. This will help to accentuate contrast between usually bright ground player effects and projected boss effects.
    While Hodir might've gotten changed, Deathwhisper's Death and Decay and Shadow Traps are LOT harder to see without it enabled. However, I always play on lowest settings cause my PC isn't the best thing out there, and Projected Textures does not make a difference in lag to me.

I can't speak for other people, but that's my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliena View Post
    While Hodir might've gotten changed, Deathwhisper's Death and Decay and Shadow Traps are LOT harder to see without it enabled. However, I always play on lowest settings cause my PC isn't the best thing out there, and Projected Textures does not make a difference in lag to me.

I can't speak for other people, but that's my experience.
    This x1000!

Take it from a guy who has raided all instances in Lich King on a shoddy computer, you can barely see D & D or any of those ground based damage effects, aside from the Defile drops which are clear as mud regardless of computer spec. Once I upgraded, I see things now that I never saw before and am able to time Consecrate's area damage based on how long the effect stays on the ground for a fight like Saurfang to a tee for maximum DPS output.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Another good add-on to throw out there is GTFO. As the name implies it will tell you if you are in the bad stuff, or about to be in the bad stuff. Again, it doesn't tell you where to run, but it at least lets you know you aren't where you want to be. It is a nice loud audio alert (and it even works when you stand in a regular, almost no damage, cook fire.)

About the Boss Mods you mentioned, I have been using DXE for some time now and I think its superior to both DBM and BW.

This is only my own thoughts but it should be mentioned with the other mods I think

tickets were sold out in 24 minutes on wednesday, i jumped into the queue 10 seconds in, and got stuck at position 22k. sigh.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

sooo CUTE!

haha make an add on video please! I looked through each UI thread, yet simply labeling them doesn't do much justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    tickets were sold out in 24 minutes on wednesday, i jumped into the queue 10 seconds in, and got stuck at position 22k. sigh.
    Actually, if you count the queue, tickets were "accounted for" in less than 1sec. I clicked the link for the queue as soon as it appeared on Saturday and was placed somewhere around 7.5k. Of course, when everyone in front of you is buying 5 tickets, that means no ticket for you.

Not like it really matters, honestly, because Blizzard doesn't "care" about who gets tickets and how they are disseminated, as long as they sell out. In fact, its better for them if people buy tickets that are never used. However, I do not think 5 tickets per person is such a swell idea when you immediately click the link when it pops up and still not have tickets. I would suggest limiting it to one [or two] tickets per person. I understand the reasoning behind allowing x5 tickets [families and such], but really we all know a vast number of those who purchase 5 tickets aren't even buying them for someone in particular. Mostly, they are doled out later amongst guild members, friends or co-workers, or even eBay.

At the end of the day it really isn't a big deal, its just kinda disappointing to know that so many tickets were purchased ahead of you that aren't even for someone in particular yet, who may not actually go to the Con.

Ok, that's enough QQ for me. I feel better.

+ Reply to Thread