+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking Glove Change - Advice please?

Tanking Glove Change - Advice please?

So I had the Frost Badge gloves for tanking, Gauntlets of the Kraken. I recently decided to equip the 264, second version of the t10 for prot warriors though. I thought it wise because it's really only a 100 hp loss, and in exchange I get back to hit cap (slightly over) and get the two set bonus of 20% more damage from Shield Slam and Shockwave. What do you guys think?

Armory Link here -> http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Frostglaive

Both the hit rating and the bonus to Shield Slam/Shockwave are significant amounts of threat, compared to the tiny amount of EH and avoidance you lose by switching out gloves. Good decision IMO.

I'd also consider tossing in a few exp/stam gems if you're having threat issues. One in your helm and one in your belt would give you 2 expertise at a minimal EH cost.

I should be ok on threat. Also, look over my gear people. Would it be safe to say that the second versions of the t10 shoulders and chest would be better for me for the 4 set bonus, or no?

The 264 badge items + 264 offset drops are best until your able to get x4 tokens to upgrade the tier to 264. At that point the Helm/Shoulders/Gloves/Chest become your best choice to get the 4 pc bonus and then use the Pillars of Might for legs.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    The 264 badge items + 264 offset drops are best until your able to get x4 tokens to upgrade the tier to 264. At that point the Helm/Shoulders/Gloves/Chest become your best choice to get the 4 pc bonus and then use the Pillars of Might for legs.
    This. Also Harmacy, if you are having threat problems, more expertise won't do anything for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Getting the sanctified pieces is great if you're on your way to 4 set full sanctified. Otherwise, til then the off pieces from emblems are generally your best bet.

I'd say go helm/shoulders first, since hit cap is relatively insignificant. The 2pc bonus is pretty significant though, so I'd say it's not a bad decision, maybe suboptimal, but really not BAD persay. I'd consider it an acceptable side grade.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Tanking is situational, use the krakens when you need survivability, especially in a melee heavy fight. Use the tier mittens when you're more interested in threat.

+ Reply to Thread