+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should I roll protadin?

Should I roll protadin?

Well atm I'm playing a war tank. It's ok but I've been wondering should I roll pally as main or alt? Let's face it..everyone loves to slack at times. So it's not a sin to farm some badges while watching TV right?
    Back to the topic. I know that atm pallies are as good as war in terms of tanking but what I want to know is are they recieving some nerfs in cata? thx
    I may ask it on official forum as well but there's just a lot of whiners
    Last edited by Bokrin; 06-01-2010 at 04:21 PM.

Also want to note that I'm aware of his tank capabilities atm just wanna know is there's gonna be really nerfs (I'm not considering adding single rotation as nerf while someone thinks that it is.. and also replacing AD with warden pet, which is not confirmed but yet possible, as nerf

Trick question :

Roll DK. They start at level 55, make great farming alts.

Edit: I don't think the nerf will be as major as removing AD or nerfing their stamina modifier, but blizzard said that AoE tanking should be as difficult as it is for warriors, so paladin have an edge there

what O_o who consider war ae hard? Girls? One handed kids?
    It's as easy as hell I'm frankly spamming cleave,tunder clap,revenge on aoe groups and seriously no one could get aggro of me :P So it's not a nerf I guess
    You've mentioned dk..so how are they as tanks? Are they more (or considered as) squishy than other tanks? Would raid leader pick good war\pal tank over dk tank?

bumpie :P

as a fury warrior, who occasionally dabbles in tanking, AoE tanking is incredibly difficult if you haven't been tanking very long, or do it often. as for DK tanks, i've ran into more than a few who were not squishy at all, but couldn't hold aggro if it was placed in a bag and strapped to their back, but I've also ran across a couple who were outstanding, and you couldn't steal aggro from if your life depended on it. i suppose it all depends on the rotation, gear, and ability of the player. I also play a Ret pally, and have prot as an off-spec for that toon, and i find that tanking with the pally is 10 times easier to hold aggro on multiple targets at once. and, you cant beat the opportunity to be a healer at the same time (something i KNOW you wish you were able to do the entire time you were leveling on your warrior)

Bokrin, I wouldn't base my decision on what we know about Cataclysm already, since we basicly know very little.

That being said, there have been posts saying that the round-em-up-and-tank-em tactic won't work anymore in Cataclysm, and that the paladin way of AoE tanking is probably too good, which could hint at a nerf in that direction (or a buff of the other classes which is kinda unlikely).

Still .. if you'd like to try one, just level one ... otherwise stick to your warrior. The grass can look greener on the other side sometimes, but that doesn't mean you have to reroll each time :P

well I gues then I'll level war first to 80 and then we'll see
    I think I'll delay making another alt 'till cata
    who knows what it'll bring right?

Q: Should I roll protadin?

A: If you wanna.

+ Reply to Thread