+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another "What can i tank" thread !

Another "What can i tank" thread !

Hey

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...39;Akir&cn=Sjk

Just wondering what can i tank?!

I know i can get trinket from emblems, i will do

How far can i get into ICC with the new 20% buff?

Also what should i get next with frost emblems?

Thanks!

From my experience [and I am totally new to raiding] you should be able to tank first 4 or even 6 bosses of ICC10 and 25 maybe .

/Edit: But before that, change your cloak enchant to armor or something [and farm your frost emblems for http://www.wowhead.com/item=50466]. As far as I know +18stam on gloves is better option than 2% threat. Rise your Jewelcrafting skill for better stam gems. This is all I can help .
    Last edited by Youlose; 06-01-2010 at 04:32 PM.

er as a dk...mmm
    dk's are squishy. they have NO block and get hit hard
    i would definately not reccomend icc yet...get the frost cloak, get FROST items. DKs need to be WAY over geared for icc tanking - at least from what ive read
    i say stay with toc and ulduar. icc is shakey with that gear...get some upgrades (especially that cloak...) from icc 5mans and from emblems and youll be in icc soon

wow-heroes.com

You are MORE than ready for ICC 10. You are ready for ICC 25 even.

DKs being squishy...tough topic. As a healer on my druid, I noticed that about 60-70% of the DK tanks I healed in randoms took huge dmg spikes. The others were some of the easiest to heal I have ever had.

The key is to be good at what you do. It's not just threat. Understand your class. Know when to death strike, keep blood runes on cd and don't be afraid to use cds. Especially IBF as the actual cd on it is pretty forgiving.

As to the order of Frost purchases, do a little searching and you will quickly discover that this is a hotly debated topic. My personal opinion? The cloak can wait. The belt and gloves are bigger upgrades. The cloak is essentially BiS and so there is a lot of bang for your buck for survivability per emblem (only 50) the speed to acquire it and longevity. The cloak is great. I just like to go for the biggest overall upgrade first as a personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixyra View Post
    er as a dk...mmm
    dk's are squishy. they have NO block and get hit hard
    i would definately not reccomend icc yet...get the frost cloak, get FROST items. DKs need to be WAY over geared for icc tanking - at least from what ive read
    i say stay with toc and ulduar. icc is shakey with that gear...get some upgrades (especially that cloak...) from icc 5mans and from emblems and youll be in icc soon
    Dont believe this. Block means close to nothing when tanking bosses (which is what is important after all). DKs are no more squishy than other tanks. The last guild I was in thought warriors were squishy but believe me when I say is has many times more to do with the player than the class.

Was a long time ago since I heard that DKs are squishy and would like not to hear it again anytime soon.

And to answer your question, you are ready to tank ICC10, at least the first quarter, plague and crimson. Cant promise it will be easy to keep you up on Festergut but then again it never will be unless the healers know how that fight works. The first times I did that fight I had about the same stats you have now and both me and the other tank were dropping like flies. A few weeks later it was never tank deaths that wiped us and our gear hadnt improved much, just the cooperation between the healers.

+ Reply to Thread