+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Weekly Marmot -- Raiding With a Life

Lore, do you have a waxing fetish?
    Relax, its only a rogue at your back.

This is the most insightful video post I've ever watched with regard to raiding. Thank you.

My Guild is raiding from 11:45 p.m to 3 o'clock a.m.
    We're designed for people that are at work when a normal raid would go raiding. We're not one of the best guilds but we can compare with most normal guilds on our server. We have 9 from 12 bosses killed in hardmode and are looking forward to put putricide in the dust.
    My guild was founded in 2007 in burning crusade. I've seen almost all of the content. kara ssc tk hyjal bt and the first 3 bosses of sunwell. in wotlk we havent been able to do all hardmodes but as i said we're not a real progression guild and are doing quite fine. I know of at least 2 or 3 other guilds with comparable raiding times.

So I think this is a good example that you can raid and have a life.
    Last edited by Leitha; 06-07-2010 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post

I agree completely and I really don't understand why there are mysteriously so many people "just coming back to wow" but they suddenly have a girlfriend and job which somehow doesn't leave them a few hours a week to raid, honestly I think whiners like this are just looking for attention. I'm one of the tanks for my guild which means my showing up is more crucial than some dps showing up and I manage to not dissapoint. I'll admit I work from home but even when I was in school with homework and studys I had enough time to get on, not that hard.

There are actually some pugs that are VERY sucessful... On my Server US-Scilla, there is a weekly pug ICC25 each thurs, fri, sat, and sun now. The Thursday and Sunday pugs are at Lich King, the Friday pug is 9/12 HM ICC25 with full clear, and the Saturday pug is 5/12 HM ICC25 with full clear... I know this is NOT normal for most servers, but you can create good pugs!!!! Heck, these pugs are better than most guilds on our server. These pugs are hosted by our guild (WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp, you can youtube 'WLPH' and find the fri and sat pug group's LK kills if u want proof), but all you really need to do is set a time/day and say that this group will be ran each week. Set up sign ups of some sort, advertise about it in trade, and take the BEST that sign up. As the group progresses, you'll figure out which players not to bring, which players are consistent in coming, and which ones can't be counted on. Try to bring the same ppl each week when possible (if they are good) and your group will end up progressing LIKE a guild raid! The pugs I spoke of raid for ~4 hrs on that specific night, so it's not a huge time sink. Just I've found you have a better chance at getting good players if it's a non-raid night for most guilds... Many main raiders of good guilds have alts that are geared and are played VERY well, and these are the ones that will help carry the group to the end of the content.

Hopefully this lil tidbit helps out on some other servers ^_^ GOOD LUCK with your raiding endeavors!!!
    Last edited by Miawolf; 06-08-2010 at 08:24 AM.
    Miia - Prot Warrior US-Scilla // Miawolf - Holy/Shadow Priest US-Scilla
    WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp

I found this a very interesting discussion, really enjoyed this week's WM. Good job Lore, and keep it up!

Dispel.

carpe diem, delendo solis
    seize the day, by blotting out the sun.

We have members from U.S./Canada/Ireland/Nova Scotia

True but funny

Well for one I have a Maine Coon and I dont think he will let me wax him.I agree with folk having a good raiding sceduale so they can have an active regular life,but in my case I want to raid more but cant seem to find the right guild and folks on Runetotem who want to put forth the effort to acheive higher content.I am in awe of folks who have already completed ICC25H or 10H.Hell we cant even get by Sindragose on10 man we need a good Tank heals.So be it.Folk play wow but make sure you have a regular life to.Except waxing the cat!
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 06-08-2010 at 03:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread