+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How far shoud I be able to go in ICC10/25?

How far shoud I be able to go in ICC10/25?

I think I can go further but My guild gets stuck on Saurfang/Fest/Rot for 10 and 25 and I feel like I can go further...

Realm: Hyjal (US)
    Name: Cräzykiller
    http://wow-heroes.com/

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...%C3%A4zykiller

Saurfang is an easy fight. Make sure you manage 3 things:

Melee AOE. Don't do it if you don't know when it is ok to do so.
    Blood beasts. Ranged must CC and spank them down quick smart. No staying on DBS to top the meters.
    /range 10. Everyone stay nice and spaced so you don't heal the boss more than you have to.

Festergut: for the love of god, know how the spores work. Healers must preheal and preshield tanks on 9 stack changeover. Tanks must use CDs on changeover.

Rotface: staying alive > dps. Learn the mechanics and stay alive. You can't dps if you are dead. kite your ooze. watch out for big ooze go boom.

Your gear is easily fine for 6/12+

I know all that. It's mainly DPS that's the problem. Peeps who need to learn to play their class. Rotations, talents, etc. So 6+ should be easy for me for 10 and 25?

6/12 isn't terribly rough on tanks that know the fights.

Your gear is fine for 12/12 icc10 normal, probably fine 12/12 icc25.

Only grumble I really have is that you don't have Pillars of Might in place of those PvP legs.

But, gear is one thing, skill and fight knowledge are something else.

awesomesauce.

Tanks typically overgear the encounters ASAP and at great expense. Craft that stuff, buy those off-set pieces(only to replace them with set pieces once the bdages start rolling in). Tanks usually are the first to be LK ready.

Of the first few bosses only Fester is a bit of a challenge since you and your healers need to be on their toes. The next test of tank ability is Val. The wing endbosses will keep you on your toes.

But if you have problems on Saurfang then there is something amiss with your DPS. How often have you raided together as a group? If you say 2 times then I can assure you that this will improve as long as everybody keeps his cool. Don't expect immediate instant pwnage from a green raid no matter how gear the individuals may be.
    Just to put your mind at ease: My newly formed 25 man had 6 marks up on Saurfang on our second kill of him. 6. That's quite a few when you only have 5 healers. On the third kill we had our second mark just before he died. You can't simply mix 25 random players into a kettle and call it a raid. That takes time and patience.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

Looked at your armory and i didnt see a red/purple gem to activate your meta. probably just an over-sight on your part while going crazy an stam stacking. It's really easy to do when rapidly getting new gear.

But as to your question, 6/12 in 10 man is cake with a SMART grp. I personally did 6/12 in 10man last night with my alt bear 5069gs at the time and a pally of the same gs who had only been 4/12. most everyone was around 5100-5200 gs except for the disc priest 5800 and the shammy healer 4500gs. one shotted 1st wing and 2 shotted fester and rot only cuz most ppl had to learn the fight. Professor will probably be your pug killer though. it was for us.

P.S. is there a trick to getting marrowgar's scratching choker to drop. i've been thru there about 20 times across different toons and have YET to even see it drop even once and its really starting to piss me off since its my last 232 piece and everyone else i see has the damned thing. yet the past 2 wks the dbs bracers have dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by uglie View Post
    P.S. is there a trick to getting marrowgar's scratching choker to drop. i've been thru there about 20 times across different toons and have YET to even see it drop even once and its really starting to piss me off since its my last 232 piece and everyone else i see has the damned thing. yet the past 2 wks the dbs bracers have dropped.
    Besides Trinket/Relic, the Neck and Bracers are my only pieces below 251, out of over 20 runs between 10 and 25, have only seen tank bracers drop once in 10, and a OT that we pugged won them and never seen a tank neck yet.

Well selene at least you know they drop. I personally still doubt that it drops. Now the claymore, that drops every single time. even our healing priest got it one week (to sell). lol. WTB loot table that actually drops stuff that someone in the raid doesn't have yet.

Funny... the bracers have dropped for me 2 in a row. Passed the first one to a guildie who only wanted to run on his healer if he could roll on tank gear for his MS, he left a few days later. The next week it dropped again and I passed it to another tank. and Saurfang legs or pants (i forget) drops and I said I passed if the other tank doesnt need, who passed it to a DPS for his OS, but was to afraid to say anything >.>

Edit:
    I know I've said this already, but what is the next FB piece I should go for?
    Last edited by Cräzykiller; 05-31-2010 at 04:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread