+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paladin rotations and understanding

Paladin rotations and understanding

Hey all,

I have been playing wow a for a few months, i am a level 80 BE Paladin Protection (transfering to Alliance as i am writing this), and i really love the game.

But knowing tactics for me isn't really knowing how to play the game.

I find information a bit all over the place directed to players that do play the game for a while and do understand older mechanisms.

I would like to actually be able to sit in Ventrilo and talk to someone that can explain me how can i understand how can i build my own rotation and how to understand if it's are good or bad. Why use A spell over B spell (e.g. seal of righteous or seal of command). What is diminishing and other concepts that involve the game.

Thanks.

Send me a PM with the info, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand. I enjoy ranting for hours on end about this kind of stuff.

pm me info and a good time to try to get together and I'll help as much as I can, though general tanking or dk tanking is more of my knowledge, but I do have a pally tank so do know some of the "basics"

I am a BE paladin as well. I have been tanking for a while now. but I some times have a hard time keeping aggro and then at time I do really well at keeping it I was wondering what I can do to make sure I am keeping aggro all the time. do I gain more aggro by using a diffrent rotation but it seems like in a raid that even if I am in better gear I am am being beaten in aggro by the other tank. What can I do to make sure I will have as much aggro as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Chunse View Post
    I am a BE paladin as well. I have been tanking for a while now. but I some times have a hard time keeping aggro and then at time I do really well at keeping it I was wondering what I can do to make sure I am keeping aggro all the time. do I gain more aggro by using a diffrent rotation but it seems like in a raid that even if I am in better gear I am am being beaten in aggro by the other tank. What can I do to make sure I will have as much aggro as possible.
    96969 rotation.

Your 9 second abilities - Consecrate, Holy Shield, Judgement.

Your 6 second abilities - Shield of Righteousness, Hammer of the Righteous.

Use one every global cooldown, alternate between the two sets - 96969. It's the best rotation for sustained threat, while maintaining a 100% uptime on Holy Shield (for damage reduction).

Also your other tank may be the target for threat modifiers like Tricks of the Trade and Misdirection.

- Lexib

Thanks folks. It's nice you are trying to help, but the point is that he wants to have an interactive conversation. That's why he asked for a vent session.

To be honest, I would start at WoWWiki. It's a great site for those who haven't been around since Thrall was in diapers, but loses its usefulness once you get experienced. Enter a term, and it explains it. Try it with Diminishing returns, for example.

Once you have read the base material, then go to a vent and ask questions.

Well, as far as other tanks go, Warriors on a hot Sword and Board proc streak will usually pass you, and with the way Icy Touch is right now, there's not a darn thing you can do to keep a DK from out-threating you.

Honestly, the 969 rotation has been crunched to death and you're really not going to be able to out-do it with something you make up yourself. I'd work on getting it down (it's pretty simple) and stick with it.

And if you're struggling with hunters, remind them to misdirect and fein if need be.

+ Reply to Thread