+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What can i tank?

What can i tank?

I have a warrior with a 35kHP and 544def and my gear score is 4660.
    what raids that i can tank?

Tanks more than anyone should know that gearscore is a terrible way to judge gear. Your def skill tells us nothing, some tanks in ICC have 590 def some barely staying uncrittable with some resilience at 536. Health depends on how you gem and enchant and your trinkets.

In other words, post armory link like Smellie said ^^

thanx for you'r help.

Moved to HALP forum.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Hey there, I'm dgen - I'll comment on what I think you should change / do to better your chances at being invited to raids to help you get better gear and whatnot.

First of all, you'll want to respec to this for general tanking, and swap out Glyph of Devastate for Glyph of Cleaving if you find AoE tanking to be troubling you.

• * Change your helm enchant to 37 Stamina / 20 Defense, as your current one will make it very hard to reach 540 Defense on you start getting pieces without Defense, or with less Defense in general.

* Your META gem is fine, though to reach the META requirement, you only need ONE Red gem, and I'd suggest making this a Dodge / Stamina (Regal Dreadstone) gem in a Red slot that awards +9 Stamina or more - the reason for this is Warriors focus on Effective Hit Points, or EHP, meaning maximum Stamina and Armor, combined to reach the highest potential level of EHP, whilst remaining Defense capped of course.

* I'd recommend changing your Glove enchant from +15 Expertise to +240 Armor, as Armor provides more EHP than Stamina, to give an example of it's value.

* I see you've placed a Parry / Stamina gem in your Legs, this is a huge no-no. If you're going to use hybrid gems, use Dodge / Stamina(Regal Dreadstone), as Dodge has much lower rate of diminishing returns than Parry, even under the effects of Chill of the Throne.

* Change the Enchant on your Boots to Tuskar's Vitality, as the increased movement speed provides a huge mobility boost, and helps in all situations as a tank - we're always on the fly, and it helps to be moving to our destination quicker.

* You have no Weapon or Shield enchant yet, though I'd suggest getting Mongoose on your weapon, or if you're going to be replacing it soon, get a Titanium Weapon Chain - as for the Shield, +18 Stamina all the way, it provides the largest EHP boost, and is hands down the best enchant available to Warriors in that slot.

Let me know if you have any questions about the points I've made, or further questions in general - you may do so by either replying here, or sending me a private message via. these forums.

Hope this has helped. <3

get more gear from shit like toc and emblems pos hor fos get up to 4800 to 5k gs then do icc 10s get up to 5300 + do icc 25

Quote Originally Posted by smellie View Post
    thats silly, gearscore doesnt effect, Im hitting icc 25 and im using a 200 item level trinket the black heart still if i wanted to i could get a dodge trinket thats 264 for a 100 gearscore extra and lose alot of stam.
    Yep even more so with Tanks than any other spot, GS means nothing. Its having the Right Gear and Knowing how to use it.

+ Reply to Thread