+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Does anyone else find Holy Paladin WAY too boring?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11

    Does anyone else find Holy Paladin WAY too boring?

    I am personally an advocate of "Holy Paladins are much more than just Holy Light, situational!" However I do know that regardless of the various FoL specs and specs other than really all a Holy Paladin should be (Well with 20% extra healing.. having 14k Flashes is pretty nice..) however I find myself doing nothing but Holy Light, pause, Holy Light, FoL SS, Holy Light, zzzzzzzzzz FoL some random raid member because the tanks take 0 damage, zzzzz Holy Light. This is just happening more and more. I picked up the 264 Libram JUST so I can give myself a reason to Holy Shock on every CD (otherwise I just get kind of forgetful about it, though I must admit I enjoy 14k instant crit then a 10k instant FoL crit indeed). I find myself BORED out of my mind through all of ICC progression, and not only ICC progression ToC and Ulduar were just as BORING as a Holy Paladin.

    So rant off, what do you Holy Paladins do so you don't fall asleep during raids?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8
    Lol, your not playing your class right then or not experiencing enough content or taking to many healers.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,096
    No.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiblexic View Post
    Lol, your not playing your class right then or not experiencing enough content or taking to many healers.

    I went 4/5 ToGC 25 when it was still a challenge and I'm progression through ICC content now, I pull the highest HPS in my guild and I basically follow the rapture of Lulia as the Holy Paladin bible. I'm well aware how to play my class.

    Lulia - of course you don't, lol.
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 06-22-2010 at 09:45 AM.

  5. #5
    I'm bored of ICC not my pally.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Indirect View Post
    Lulia - of course you don't, lol.
    Hey! You asked the question

    I gave an answer. If you're getting bored though, I would suggest changing it up a bit. Jib's comment might hold some truth. Perhaps you can afford to bring less healers? it will make the encounters a bit more challenging again and thus fun. Of course, from your description, you may simply dislike the Holy Paladin style of healing. Yeah, we use only a few spells, but I really enjoy making critical decisions in heavy raid-damage situations. It's what's fun for me at least.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,409
    I'm only level 39 and i love heaing on my pally =P

    READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulia View Post
    Hey! You asked the question

    I gave an answer. If you're getting bored though, I would suggest changing it up a bit. Jib's comment might hold some truth. Perhaps you can afford to bring less healers? it will make the encounters a bit more challenging again and thus fun. Of course, from your description, you may simply dislike the Holy Paladin style of healing. Yeah, we use only a few spells, but I really enjoy making critical decisions in heavy raid-damage situations. It's what's fun for me at least.
    Well for our 25man we bring 2 raid heals, disc priest, and myself with 2 raid heal offspecs. For our 10mans we bring 2 heals one off spec. I just never have to do anything since the 15% buff. I loved Holy Paladin in core, it was okay in BC, but I guess it's more of an issue with Wrath killing the game for me than Holy Paladin - but I've leveled more alts just trying to get away from my Holy Paladin on non raid nights than I can even count. Haha!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,096
    You should be able to solo heal much of the first part of ICC, other than the obvious non-solo heal fights (Sindra, Valrith, BQL, etc...). It'll make it more challenging and interesting if you're prepared to suffer possible setbacks due to RNG.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11
    I get to solo heal Saurfang! Haha. Unfortunately I doubt my 10 man group would be up to letting me solo heal just due to RNG, we seem to have horrible luck . People always getting green oozed in slime pools, healer always getting bit first, horrible RNG with fireorbs lol.

    Would be pretty fun to solo heal through 7/12 though!

  11. #11
    I solo healed saurfang the other day...was rather boring. Im going to try solo healing the first 4-5/12 next week and see how i go.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    159
    They should be easy enough now with the 20% and I am willing to bet rotface and putri are doable now also.

    There are many ways to make your class more fun how about you break the norm and try new ways of healing or maybe try your hand at raid healing.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    444
    I'm afaird i armory policed you Indirect. And it would appear that you've barely explored any of ICC, the reasons the healing isn't challenging you is because your not healing challenging fights. Get your guild to wrok on the progress bosses rathe than farming the same farm bosses repeatedly for gear you don't need.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Indirect View Post
    I went 4/5 ToGC 25 when it was still a challenge and I'm progression through ICC content now, I pull the highest HPS in my guild and I basically follow the rapture of Lulia as the Holy Paladin bible. I'm well aware how to play my class. Thanks for assuming anything about me though, idiot.

    Lulia - of course you don't, lol.
    Wasn't being an idiot, if the game is becoming boring, it's probably to easy. Switch up, farm pvp or go Ret.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Winkle View Post
    I'm afaird i armory policed you Indirect. And it would appear that you've barely explored any of ICC, the reasons the healing isn't challenging you is because your not healing challenging fights. Get your guild to wrok on the progress bosses rathe than farming the same farm bosses repeatedly for gear you don't need.
    I left my old guild to join a guild with relatively less geared and less experienced players due to friends being in the guild. They're not great and far from server best. I've cleared ICC countless times as a hunter and the fact that they're not progressing doesn't really bother me. We attempt Sindragosa every week but people decide to ruin iceblocks every week. LK and Sind aren't any more fun or challenging than the rest of ICC in normal mode. The lack of content does not attribute to the lack of my fun on a Holy Paladin.

    Also I wouldn't consider 10/12, regardless of HM or NM, 'barely' explored at all when most pugs still fail at 6/12 max.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by Indirect View Post
    I left my old guild to join a guild with relatively less geared and less experienced players due to friends being in the guild. They're not great and far from server best. I've cleared ICC countless times as a hunter and the fact that they're not progressing doesn't really bother me. We attempt Sindragosa every week but people decide to ruin iceblocks every week. LK and Sind aren't any more fun or challenging than the rest of ICC in normal mode. The lack of content does not attribute to the lack of my fun on a Holy Paladin.

    Also I wouldn't consider 10/12, regardless of HM or NM, 'barely' explored at all when most pugs still fail at 6/12 max.
    Reagrdless my point was that without challenge the class may well feel boring to play.

    The stacking buff in ICC means DPS see bigger numbers but healers are required to do less.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Winkle View Post
    Reagrdless my point was that without challenge the class may well feel boring to play.

    The stacking buff in ICC means DPS see bigger numbers but healers are required to do less.

    Specifically in my post did I note that challenge does not equate to fun for me. I've cleared it countless times as a hunter obviously indicating I enjoy my hunter still regardless of the fact that we aren't progressing full scale into hardmodes for lack of care.

    Whatever though you obviously don't get the point.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    444
    So your hunters still fun, i wonder if that's beacuse you get to do insane DPS witht he buff?

    And the Holy Pala is boring....maybe beacuse the buff means thare's less to do?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Winkle View Post
    So your hunters still fun, i wonder if that's beacuse you get to do insane DPS witht he buff?

    And the Holy Pala is boring....maybe beacuse the buff means thare's less to do?
    Or maybe he just enjoys the DPS role more than healing.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by NewfieDave View Post
    Or maybe he just enjoys the DPS role more than healing.
    Well.. I don't know. However, I do like to heal... sometimes! I enjoyed healing a lot on my Holy Priest back in core, but those days are far gone... I never really liked druid healing, and I can't stand shamans. Holy Paladin was really fun for me in ToGC for Faction Champs... but that's about the only time it's been fun. I sort of got bullied into the role of Holy Pala when my 10 man group's Holy Paladin quit. So who knows.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts