Thread: proc pally have trouble getting treat on 5 or more mobs

proc pally have trouble getting treat on 5 or more mobs

i am new to tanking i have good gear its just that when there is a grp spread out i cant grab them all i have to run and grab them like for instance in hor the last wave on the hill i can grab them all before they get to the grp.when there are 5 mobs 1 in the middle 4 around him whats the best way to pull them and if there are casters in t5he mob that dont come when you do get them any help is appreciated ty

I'm sure protection paladins have an ability that silences mobs at range. Anyway as a warrior with heroic throw that silences 1 target what I do is this:

Heroic throw the back right caster mob, charge the front left caster mob. The melee mobs will run to you, as will the caster mob that you just silenced. The one in the middle is still in melee range to hit and isn't a problem to tank. If you're having problems with people ripping you should probably ask for a few seconds for agro, and mark the order of kill targets so you know where to focus your threat.

Its a matter of practice and most tanks have done this kind of pulling/positioning for a while. Its not easy and even harder when people over aggroing messes up your perfect positioning strategy. Just make sure you rule out the problem of the other people pulling agro so you can focus on how you pull them. I can't comment on paladin tanking rotation specifics etc, however.

Varies widely pull by pull, really, but there are a few basic moves you can work with.

If it's a stationary group of 5+ mobs, charge in headlong, and pick a mob far out on one side. Hurl shield. This will chain to 2 nearby ones. As soon as shield is thrown, switch to the mob on the opposite side. Smash in the face with hammer. This will ht 2 more (3 glyphed). Congrats you've just gotten initial aggro on up to mobs. Consecrate. Rotation while tabbing through targets.

If the group is spread out and is made of mixed casters and melee, LoS should always be your first thought. Attack and get around a nearby corner or object and make them run to you. Shield Throw, Hammer. Consecrate. Rotation.
    If you can't LoS, then it depends partially on the group setup. Let's assume 3 melee, 2 casters. Charge in and stack on top of the closest caster. Melee will run to you. All you need to do is throw your shield at the other caster and it will come to you. Hammer. Consecrate. Rotation.

Now let's assume you've got a large pull, a whopping 7 mobs. 4 melee, 3 casters, but you can't tank them where they are. In this situation you probably want to fall back on group members. Counterspell, Death Grip, Misdirect, ToT. Don't be afraid to call out for them. Now let's say your group is all warlocks, so you're SoL. In that case I'd pull with Hand of reckoning on a melee and get them to run at me. Hammer. Then with the melee separated from the casters, I'd throw my shield at the casters so it bounces through them and gets them to come towards me. It's not perfect but sometimes you gotta just make a pull and pray that nothing goes wrong. Taunt often.

Other useful tips:
    Hand of Reckoning is great for starting a pull with.
    Holy Wrath is your friend.
    Make sure you've got a macro for RD so that it functions like a proper taunt should.
    BoP can function as a makeshift taunt. BoP a person and a lot of times the mob will stop attacking them. Just hope you're 2nd on threat.
    Seriously, spam holy wrath like crazy anywhere you see an undead.

thank you for the help.it help out alot sry i didnt get back sooner been busy.but my tanking has gotten muck better ty again