+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DK Blood Tank wondering what i should be able to tank

DK Blood Tank wondering what i should be able to tank

Hey i currently have around 33k HP unbuffed which gets to about 45k with all buffs (inc Food 30 stam and 40 hit). I am currently saving for the Corroded Skeleton Key (have 51 emblems so far) which should bumb my HP up to 46kish buffed (ill put it in my slot with the banner of victory). My GS 48k
    I also have Endurance of the Infernal and will equip it when I get more hit. Im over Def capped (545) and I have read the fights for ICC and have tanked 2/5 ToC 10.
    Im mainly wondering how much Hp i should have for tanking ICC. I feel confidant i can take 2 sabre lashes by my heals.
    Iím also working on a DPS off spec but that is my 2nd priority after tanking ICC
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...th&cn=Xanthuss
    Thanks for any help and advice!

If I remember it correctly I had about 38k UB when I started tanking ICC10 and then we didn have a whole lot of problems keeping us tanks alive. Since the buff is 20% as of today that would equal around 32k UB today which is less than you have. Your healers will have to be on their toes ofc. When you get to Fester it might be tough until the healers learn the fight properly (that fight is a lot about healers learning to work together to keep the tanks alive)

Truthfully looking at your gear, get the Frost Cloak first. Its a Major upgrade over what you got.
    Unless you are stuck on having the set bonus for your gear, get the 245 helm, 245 shoulders from triumph emblems, and get the 245 crafted chest.
    Get the 226 belt from conquest emblems or find a BS to make you the one from the pattern from ulduar.

Get rid of the Banner, and get the Glyph from Triumph emblems.

Never gem for Str/Stam, red sockets are for Dodge/Stam or Expertise/Stam if you are going for the socket bonus.
    Enchant your boots with Tuskarr's Vitality.
    Put Frosthide Leg Armor on your legs.

once you do all that I would say you are definately ready for the first wing then, as far as gear goes.

your spec and especially your glyphs are really strange to me though. This is what I'm currently using for a Blood Tank spec.

Thanks for the help and advice. done what you had suggested. ill swap the gem out shortly to parry/ stam (defenders dreadstone?). ill put tuskers on when i get some hit.

NEVER gem Parry/Stam, gem Dodge/Stam if you are going to gem for avoidance.

Parry suffers from diminishing returns very quickly compared to dodge, and even with the debuff to dodge in ICC, dodge is still a better stat.

Thanks for the help. got to Rotface last night tanking for the first time. really good
    Thanks Again

+ Reply to Thread