+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear check and advices

Gear check and advices

Oh well, i've read a lot of posts on this forum, but none could really give me a reason for something that is happening with my Warrior.

I'm basically fresh as tanking. Never done a tanking character before my Warrior, and i'm having a bunch of trouble when it comes to certain things on her.

I'll leave my WoW Heroes profile here so you guys can check all equipment i use on her. Just select her protection tree and it'll pop what i use:

http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...d&name=Shantea

Well, first problem is that i'm taking a LOT of damage on some instances and Raiding. I tried recently to tank Toravon, and he basically could 3 shot me easily if not for some of my avoidance, hiting for 15k damage(buffed n' flasked, i grab about 41~43k hp, which is not that high). Same happens on H PoS, where those skellies hit me like a truck.

I want advice on what should i change on my gear, or spec or glyphs(or everything) so i can raid tank without taking that much damage(specially because i find quite strange that people with almost the same GS taking 7k hits when i grab 15k ones).

Ty in advance.

An actual link to your armory with Tank gear/spec on helps alot, especially since it is the current info on your character, and you are logged out in Fury gear/spec.

One thing though is get your Enchanting up to where you can do the Ring Enchants, you are missing 60 Stamina/AP right there.

I'm working on it, but it's a little expensive so i'm working slowly. I'm logged out now on protection tree, just need the armory to Update it.
    First advice gave, i'll level my enchant asap. Anything more?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=High+Voltage - Armory

Farm Reg Halls of Reflection for the shield drop. 219 shield, best shield outside of raiding.

Might want to see if you can find someone to make the 226 crafted belt from the Ulduar pattern. It has sockets in it, making it far superior to the belt you currently have, but that is only if you want to go through the expense, most tanks use the belt you have until they can get the Frost Emblem belt.

Might want to try to farm H Trial of Champion for the 219 Tank ring that drops there.

Toss out the Thumb and buy the Glyph with Triumph emblems.

Not sure how important set bonus is to you, or how good the bonus for warriors are.
    But in general the 245 shoulders from Triumph Emblems and the crafted 245 chest from BS are far better.

Over all you are pretty good gearwise, just need to look to ToC10/25, Onyxia10/25 for gear, or even ICC10 if you can get in as a tank (most likely as OT).

General rule for enchants is 225 armor for cloak and 275 health for chest.

I like that you are Expertise and Hit Capped, but alot of the warrior tanks that have commented on others say don't worry about those. So I leave that up to personal preference.
    However that 20 Expertise gem, I would change to Exp/Stam. That Exp/Hit gem, change it to Hit/Stam. As a Tank unless it is to reach Def Cap you always want to use a x/Stam gem if you aren't using a Stam gem.

Thank you for your advice, however:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseman View Post
    Well, first problem is that i'm taking a LOT of damage on some instances and Raiding. I tried recently to tank Toravon, and he basically could 3 shot me easily if not for some of my avoidance, hiting for 15k damage(buffed n' flasked, i grab about 41~43k hp, which is not that high). Same happens on H PoS, where those skellies hit me like a truck.

I want advice on what should i change on my gear, or spec or glyphs(or everything) so i can raid tank without taking that much damage(specially because i find quite strange that people with almost the same GS taking 7k hits when i grab 15k ones).

Ty in advance.
    ^
    Your tips will probably solve that matter? that's really what i'm looking for. I'm almost positive that i shouldn't take so much damage.

Ty

My personal experience is that expertise and hit capping on a prot tank isn't important. I have very little of both and tank in ICC normal just fine.

Armour and health are critical. Don't be afraid to spend those frost emblems on the frost badge cloak, belt, chest, and gloves. probably in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseman View Post
    Thank you for your advice, however:

^
    Your tips will probably solve that matter? that's really what i'm looking for. I'm almost positive that i shouldn't take so much damage.

Ty
    Thing is with Tanks GS means even less than other classes to an extent. Its having the Right Gear and using the cool downs and use effects of that gear all at the right time.
    I have seen a Prot Warrior with almost 1k GS less than another Prot Warrior tank stuff that the higher geared warrior couldn't.

And how about the Trinket?(Corroded skeleton Key). Seems like a nice upgrade(a lot of stam + a shield), and that's what i'm saving my emblems for. Should i go for the pieces and leave the trinket for when i don't have anything else to spend frosties with?

CSK has a small absorb - but it's on-use is a band aid really. Glyph of Idom to replace Icks will help, 1800 armor will reduce incoming damage. CSK to replace black heart is good (though keep black heart around for use in magic heavy fights).

Run Regular HoR until you get the shield drop from the 2nd boss - that will be a big upgrade.

Emblem wise, Belt, Chest, and Hands represent your biggest upgrades and will last a long time (belt is BiS). Then CSK or the frost cloak. The bonus armor on the Vergis Belt, Gauntlets of the Kraken and Cataclysmic Chestguard help reduce incoming damage signficantlly and have a lot of stamina too for magic fights.

Chest enchant should be +275 HP, cloak +225 armor, when you upgrade your sheild give it the +Sta as you are well over defense minimum.

If you have the cash, Pillars of Might are BiS in nearly all ICC fights and are worth it (getting mat and tipping is cheaper than the AH price). Since enchanting is at 18 - I'd say dump it and go after JC, you get a little more stamina that way (63 versus 60) plus a fair bit more flexibility for your Fury spec (ArP or Str instead of Enchating's AP only bonus).

+ Reply to Thread