Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ICC LK Safeguard Method Video?

Oh no doubt Crommi. It's quite the balancing act in Ph. 3. I haven't had the chance to do ph. 3 in heroic mode yet (I quit raiding about 2 months ago) but I understand how difficult that portion of the fight is when using the Safeguard strat. Really good communication between your MT and your safeguard bot can make it much easier. Sometimes your fubar'd and have 20 spirits on the screen and the soul reaper goes off. I yell in vent when that happens; and by yell I mean more like SCREAM because I usually have to cut through a lot of other chatter, for SOMEONE to use a cooldown on the MT, and HOPE TO GOD that AD hasn't proc'd yet for insurance. Usually I taunt spam (gogo vig) the spirits at max range, and can almost maintain range to intervene the MT then charge back out and keep taunting. That portion of the fight is where I failed the first time... and actually the second and third time too... (I may have exaggerated earlier)

All in all it's a totally viable strat, more stress on one or two players, but viable.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

@drae post
    Yes that can be issue,but there is solution to that problem.That is VBM boss mod.In VBM you have option to be alerted when tank on boss have soul reaper.It even do countdown on you screen so you can choose right moment.Best is ofc 1 sec before proc of soul reaper,or if you want to play safe than 2(if you didnt try it before do it before 2 sec).I am using that boss mod for last 6 months and from all boss mods I did use I find it best for me.
    So all you said is true I just think many ppl don't know for that boss mod,and you are 100% right about p3 there is a lot of things happening so you can easy not see soul reaper on tank.
    Last edited by Peca; 07-27-2010 at 05:31 AM.

Oh I use a power Auras set-up for it. It's not seeing that the tank has soul reaper that's the issue, it's getting to him on time.

Personally I recommend intervening as soon as possible, if you delay it can occasionally stack up. The cooldown for soul reaper is exactly the same as intervene; if arthas isn't casting something else (like defile) when the cooldown is up he will cast it as soon as intervene is available. It's the cast finishing that triggers the cooldown, not the spell actually going off (ie when the damage is applied). If you take some time before you intervene (say 1-2s) you "can" get caught with not having intervene available when he casts soul reaper again. If you delay 2 times in a row; the third soul reaper will go off before intervene is back up IF arthas isn't casting when soul reaper comes off cooldown. Therefore I always try to intervene ASAP.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

Yes you are right about time when to do intervene,but it is personal tbh and the more you use it more you get relaxed so you start to calculate.I always try to cover tank as much as I can in those 5 sec that follow soul reaper proc,cause tank die more from burst after proc than proc it self tho(again that is also personal expiriance).
    But anyway if you are not good in power auras or in search of good announcing way for soul reaper I recommend VBM.

DBM also has a built-in special warning for when someone is affected by soul reaper. it's not enabled by default, but all you have to do is check the box.

Isn't the intial strike from Soul Reaper (when it is first applied) 50% weapon damage, with the following five seconds after the initial strike where his attack speed is spead up by 50%. Then after five seconds the tank is hit for 50,000-60,000 shadow damage.

Here is the tool tip from wowhead -

Strikes the target for 50% weapon damage and afflicts the target with Soul Reaper. This effect deals 50000 Shadow damage after 5 sec and increases the caster's haste by 100% for 5 sec.
    So you have to be careful you don't intervene to soon, or your safeguard can fall off before applying to the big shadow damage hit. Safegaurd lasts for five seconds, same amount of time Soul Reaper lasts until the big shadow damage hit. So imo wait a seond or two after the Soul Reaper is applied to the tank and then intervene to insure you are taking a hit while his attack speed is spead up and that you are safeguarding the big shadow hit.

If something is off base with my view above please let me know.

The only way it can fall off is if you Intervene before Soul Reaper is applied. So don't do that. Wait until it lands. (And, in my case, DBM screams that Soul Reaper is up.)