+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Would I be able to tank ICC10?

Quote Originally Posted by Cutpaper
    I agree, and it's a work in progress to fix, but it used to be full stamina. So I placed them wherever for time being. But thanks for the heads up.
    Actually, I don't agree, not anymore. If I would get the socket bonus in the Chest rather than the Wrist and Belt, I would actually lose 3 Stamina. So, the way I see it, I'm better off this way. I do however agree with one thing you said, and that's using a +10 Expertise Rating / +15 Stamina gem instead of using +10 Dodge Rating / +15 Stamina as I used to. Thanks for that, I wasn't aware of there being an Expertise Rating gem for the red slot.
    Last edited by Cutpaper; 08-09-2010 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Changed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutpaper View Post
    I actually tried to get into a group last night, but was told I lacked hit rating and expertise.. Oh well.
    My pally tank is an alt alt so I don't spend heaps of time pouring over gear for him. I'm sure his gear could be better, and there are probably improvements I could make gem and enchant wise, but when you boil it down, I've tanked 6/12 on him with the 25% buff so it can't be all bad. I'm not suggesting I'm any good either, I'd say I'm a fairly average tank, but I do know that basics of most of the fights which IMHO is half the battle - gear just makes things a little easier.

Here's my alt alt's armory link to give you an idea what I'm working with, and to compare stats etc (though I do get an expertise bonus via a glyph):
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sz&cn=Valgarde

When I first went in I didn't have the rep ring, cloak or the t10 shoulders.

Ops, reading what I said it could be misinterpreted. But I never meant anything bad by it, I'm sure you are more than a competent tank.
    All I meant by it was that I had been told otherwise, and was unsure due to that.

But I will give ICC10 a go for sure. The worst that could happen is that I lack the skill to tank it properly due to my low raiding experience with this character, and that just means I need some more practice. Anyway, I really appreciate all the tips and pointers.

+ Reply to Thread