+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Holy Paladin FoL

Personally I am Holy Light Paladin, however this does not restrict me from casting Flash of Light, which is what most people think. However I am specced for longetivity during a Holy Light spam. However when the healing eases my Flash of Light is still very effective.

I personally do not like it when people spec for Flash of Light although it does work nicely with a Holy Light Paladin healing too. I personally have tried both specs and I am defently more effective to my raid as a Holy Lighter.

My Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...sh&cn=Jiblexic

I use both and have extreme fun with them, if you got gear that is being DE, why not start building ur self a FOL set, Ill do both 10/25 in whatever spec i want to use, HL pally with me or not. Ive made progession with guild under both Specs. but ill admit that I liked FOL spec a lil better. Ill do HL spec if i just want to unzip and let it fly, i never OOM. they are 2 diff styles but fun!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ubbie&r=Eredar

Quote Originally Posted by Jiblexic View Post
    However I am specced for longetivity during a Holy Light spam.
    I personally do not like it when people spec for Flash of Light although it does work nicely with a Holy Light Paladin healing too.
    The thing i react to here is that according too me there isnt really a "HL" spec, u eider go full Int or sp in gemming, (its possible to go like sp/int but this is just an example) to be honest, since of specing up your crit in a "FoL" spec increses the amounts mana regaind from crits i would say a 51/2/18 is more of a "HL" spec. I am not saying that its the best spec there is, DS is awsome in many ways just that u should go with what u prefer. depending on your curent progress a 54/17 spec might be needed to get just DS but i would say chose your spec depending on your gear, if you got loads of crit and need that extra survivability go for that spec.

So basicly the thing i wanna get out here, Go for the spec that feels best for u at your curent gear lvl and progress

Well, I have a second set of my gear that is only around 5500 GS but I have it for FoL spam to see how it changes with the ICC buff... currently with Wrath of Air Totem, W.Glad Libram, Ring Proc, Kings, Flask, Feast, and ToR Use I get 5100 SP. When I pop wings I crit heal with FoL for close to 15k. Unfortunately without a decent spell power, haste, and ICC buff - I personally don't find FoL spec useful outside of 25 mans as a raid healer. It's pretty cool to get a 18k Holy Shock crit followed by an immediate 15k FoL crit though, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehlane View Post
    The thing i react to here is that according too me there isnt really a "HL" spec, u eider go full Int or sp in gemming, (its possible to go like sp/int but this is just an example) to be honest, since of specing up your crit in a "FoL" spec increses the amounts mana regaind from crits i would say a 51/2/18 is more of a "HL" spec. I am not saying that its the best spec there is, DS is awsome in many ways just that u should go with what u prefer. depending on your curent progress a 54/17 spec might be needed to get just DS but i would say chose your spec depending on your gear, if you got loads of crit and need that extra survivability go for that spec.

So basicly the thing i wanna get out here, Go for the spec that feels best for u at your curent gear lvl and progress
    That's an outdated spec now, the ret tree is useless. (To some extent). I mean I don't need the extra crit, the mana returns arn't worth it anymore and usually in raids I have Righteous Fury on, less damage = more fun. The survivability is very nice, espicially when I know heavy healing is incoming.

------------------------------

You shouldn't be rolling Flash of Light in sub par gear. Holy Light is the way to go until you have a good enough level to be able to be effective.

I hate when people moan about overhealing as a Paladin, Beacon of light always over heals for me, and my heals at a crit, while raid buffed are in the 30k+ region.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatrix View Post
    trimmed'ed
    I'm HL spec'ed and geared but I spam FOL until...like Fang and that's when I start using HL's. P: But if he's not spamming FOL uh the tanks will dip...fast. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jiblexic View Post
    That's an outdated spec now, the ret tree is useless. (To some extent). I mean I don't need the extra crit, the mana returns arn't worth it anymore and usually in raids I have Righteous Fury on, less damage = more fun. The survivability is very nice, espicially when I know heavy healing is incoming.
    Try to see my point, "I mean I don't need the extra crit" so yes, holy/ret spec might be less favourable than a holy/prot build for u but its still a good spec for some players with lesser gear and thats why i said that u should go for whats best for your current progress and ilvl.

The Ret tree is a very viable build for those who aren't doing current progression, and arguments can even be made for it in progression content, though the Prot sub-tree is still a bit better than the Ret tree for progression content. However, FoL is not a viable build for anyone trying to heal raids if they're undergeared, even if the Ret sub-tree is. You need quite a bit of spellpower for FoL spec, and you'll need plenty of the other stats, including Intellect, from your gear's stats alone which you will only get at higher tiers.

I am an intellect-stacking paladin, but I still use flash of light for nearly every encounter. I do not think being specialized one way or another completely locks out your ability to imitate the other specialization. I feel some fights benefit more from FoL's speed (Mine is down to exactly one second.) and flexibility.

Lord Marrowgar is a fight with heavy tank damage; I spam holy light on tanks in an alternating pattern. (If Tank1 is beaconed, I holy light bomb Tank2-Tank3-Tank2 etc.) The next fight, Lady Deathwhisper, is better served by flash of light. (I equip two SP trinkets and a flash of light libram I purchased with honor.) I would recommend following the traditional path of gemming pure intellect. Basically, you need to learn fights and know when FoL is better than HL and vice versa. (Festergut is a classic example of switching from one to another.)

May I ask, then what do you gem for FoL style...shouldn't we be gemming sp? instead of int?

Quote Originally Posted by Frey13 View Post
    May I ask, then what do you gem for FoL style...shouldn't we be gemming sp? instead of int?
    Yes you should, as i get this it was the reply to last post with FoL'ing as a int stacking holy pally. As i see this i can certainly agree, FoL is really usefull for any paladin espesialy if u got a good amount of haste to make it down too 1 sec cast and i dont really see why u shouldent use it. Yes HL is gdamn important on some fights, not all tho (gunship is probably thoght of as a joke from blizz's side) so if u feel that ur overgear for this, tank isnt taking much damage ect just fol and laugh at that ur still on 98% mana, and there isnt really anything that keeps u from using it, yes if u gem sp all the way u might get around 3-400 more sp but thats about it and really its not so much (with 20% u can still FoL like really much so). So basicly i think FoL isnt really based as much on gemming and spec as HL, since with too little mana ur simply gonna run oom wich will like "NEVER" happen to a FoL'er using FoL.

I too was a FOL healer, but have now gone to Holy Light. The first few fights were fine in ICC 10man, but things started to get difficult (rotface/festergut), with a tank that was also learning the fight and didn't have the gear. I think if you have a well geared tank and FOL heal, you can get away with it. There are some fights though that Holy Light is the way to go (watching mana and not spamming, it's a whole new learn curve - for me anyway).

I also count on splash healing as I try to position myself with range, so they can take heals.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...dar&cn=Amilyne

I've learned a lot of these forums, thanks for the help all.

FoL build since the opening of ICC and now 11/12 HMs.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...al&cn=Thiskers

For the most part, I've gone the way of HL gearing for my paladin, save for a couple of gems -- since my paladin is a JC/BS, I used the extra sockets in my bracers, gloves and belt to use 12 SP + 10 Intel gems in, instead of straight +20 intellect (not to mention I needed at least one, plus a +10 intel + 5 mp5 gem for my meta), and I keep 2 librams on me at all times -- the pvp libram to increase the SP of FoL and the heroism badge libram that decreases the mana cost of HL. I do have the triumph badge libram as well, just in case. I switch freely in fights as needed (I have the librams on my bars and librams count as a weapon, so you can switch them in combat).

Quote Originally Posted by Suriell View Post
    For the most part, I've gone the way of HL gearing for my paladin, save for a couple of gems -- since my paladin is a JC/BS, I used the extra sockets in my bracers, gloves and belt to use 12 SP + 10 Intel gems in, instead of straight +20 intellect (not to mention I needed at least one, plus a +10 intel + 5 mp5 gem for my meta), and I keep 2 librams on me at all times -- the pvp libram to increase the SP of FoL and the heroism badge libram that decreases the mana cost of HL. I do have the triumph badge libram as well, just in case. I switch freely in fights as needed (I have the librams on my bars and librams count as a weapon, so you can switch them in combat).
    You shouldn't be gemming anthing but straight int and a nightmare tear to activate your meta gem.

+ Reply to Thread