+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help me to help them

help me to help them

armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...doran&n=Dawnii

my friend and I are applying to a guild to run 10+25 man ICC heroic modes together, and it seems to me that people are misunderstanding the disc spec on her application. Are there any problems with her talent tree or gemming choices? people have said that she is wrong to gem spellpower instead of spirit, haste and intellect but every good disc priest I've researched has gemmed the same way she has.

I'm kind of a newb to the priest class so detail would be helpful

I don't play disc, but at quick glance:

Doesn't Have Power Infusion
    Missing 2 Ranks of Improved Flash Heal
    Missing 1 Rank of Grace

Instead she took:

Improved Renew
    Improved Healing

Gear looks Ok afaik, cept for her Meta. Should likely be insightful earthsiege.

she changed her tree to those just as I posted this, not sure when armory will update it.

just to confirm: people saying she should use haste, spirit or intellect gems instead of pure sp are mistaken?

Her spec is ok now, as for gemming it's fine pure SP or spell power + intellect gems are good anyone telling you or her to gem spirit is an idiot, she shouldn't really need to gem for anything other then SP or int as you get enough haste and crit from gear and talents.

Well that depends on her gear choice I went for all the SP haste crit items and as little spirit as possible so I get all the haste and crit from items and intellect on them, items with spirit either lose crit or haste and generally have less intellect and spirit does next to nothing for a disc priest.

Side question do disc priests spam renew now days? I've seen a lot of strangely speced disc priests spamming renew to try top meters.
    Last edited by CoolNitro; 06-24-2010 at 06:49 PM.

She's wearing 1pc of DPS tier (pants) and 1 piece of healer (gloves), which means she gets no set bonus and has a bunch of hit from the pants as well as the wand. But if she has previously been main-spec shadow its understandable not to have any better pants offhand.

As far as I have heard, only HOLY priests gem for haste, and disc priests gem for spellpower. Haste does still lower the GCD for discs and the all-important bubble, but as far as I've heard the amount you get from gear without gemming for it is sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Errvalunia View Post
    She's wearing 1pc of DPS tier (pants) and 1 piece of healer (gloves), which means she gets no set bonus and has a bunch of hit from the pants as well as the wand. But if she has previously been main-spec shadow its understandable not to have any better pants offhand.

As far as I have heard, only HOLY priests gem for haste, and disc priests gem for spellpower. Haste does still lower the GCD for discs and the all-important bubble, but as far as I've heard the amount you get from gear without gemming for it is sufficient.
    The haste cap for bubble spam, with full raid buffs, is somewhere around 200 I believe. Past that it's moderately useful but certainly not worth gemming for, ever.

Side question do disc priests spam renew now days? I've seen a lot of strangely speced disc priests spamming renew to try top meters.
    It's called "carry spec". All the rage among people who don't know their class.

---

Your friend's gear all looks fine. I question the value of Improved Renew but there is noplace really important to put those points, so meh.

Keep up the good work, and good luck getting rid of that hit off-hand and wand (those two slots are notoriously hard to upgrade)!

Quote Originally Posted by Desolous View Post
    just to confirm: people saying she should use haste, spirit or intellect gems instead of pure sp are mistaken?
    Very mistaken.

+ Reply to Thread