+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Combat Rogue Rotation

Combat Rogue Rotation

Hi , I was looking for a Combat Rogue rotation but can't find anyone.
    I've used Blade Furry > SS to 5 > SnD > SS to 5 > Rupture > SS to 5 > Envenom , etc , but can't get more than 3k / 4k dps.
    Used Blade Furry > SS to 3 > SnD > SS to 3 > Rupture > SS to 5 > Envenom , etc , but can't get more than 3k / 4k dps.
    Used Blade Furry > SS to 3 > SnD > SS to 5 > Envenom , etc , but can't get more than 3k / 4k dps.

I know that something is missing, I use Adrenaline Rush aswell, but whatever.

Here is the link to armory, http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...=Meganf%C3%B3x

Thanks.

I've had the same problems, but with less DPS, and use of evis instead of envenom.

I've attempted (BF>SS to 3>SnD>SS to 5>Evis) and repeat, to a max of 3k dps. I recently switched over from Mutilate and find myself pulling the same DPS, even though i hashed together my mut spec in 5 minutes and specced horribly. I don't know what I'm doing wrong anymore.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...tan&cn=Stabbor

If anyone could take a look, I'd be grateful.

The problem is I was getting way more DPS as Mutilate, but I wanted to switch to Combat, I've just downed from 6k to 3k DPS.

Ditto, my spec mut spec is terrible and still beats my combat spec. it has to be my rotation for combat, because my gear is decent, i guess.

I play a combat rogue in about the ICC10 level gear, and I actually find my top dps is reached by simply using 5 point SnD, then using 5 point Eviscerates until my SnD is at about 8 seconds left, refreshing SnD, and popping cooldowns as needed

Im on Onyxia if you want to armory me

Keep SnD up with whatever CPs you have, and then pump out as many 5pt Eviscerates as possible. Cooldowns should be saved for burn phases whenever appropriate. Never use AR and KS together, but BF can be used with either.

Getting SnD up as soon as possible is the most important thing. You don't necessarily have to get 5 points before you get SnD out the first time. I've usually just gone with 3-4 (depending on time, energy regen, and GoSS procs) to get the damage and deadly poison rolling, and then refresh it whenever necessary. Also, plan ahead for any time you might have any time away from the boss. Build up some CPs as much as you can, and then refresh SnD just as you start to attack again.

Combat doesnt have a set rotation thats why you cant find one. This is because theres so many variables with rogues, that whats good for one rogue wont be best dps for another rogue. For eg using 5p SnD is the thing to do when your gear is great but for a noobie rogue with low crit and no t10 4 set thats the kiss of death to good dps. Also rupture can be used if you gear is bad, and then it becomes usless again for a little while till you BiS and doing HM at which point it beomes useable again.

Looking at your gear here is what i would do on a boss...

tricks on tank, Open with one SS slice and dice and then KS straight away. Once ks is over press AR and BF , dw about 5 points slice and dice at all, just get it up asap, and dont let it fall off, by using 2 point or 3 point SnD and then use 5 point evis as much as you can, 4 poinst evis is also ok if boss is gonna die. As soon as kS is up again you use it (always use tricks before it, as it does alot of threat). combat dps is based on those cds being used every time they up, max amount of evis, and never letting Snd fall of ( add to that rupture when you super geared) , if you dont use the cds every time they up and at start of fight then you will never reach muti dps ever, its impossible.

On trash, a liite trick i use is bF together with KS (after tricks ofc or you will die!)( i will never do that on a boss, since AR and BF go together better on single target), its insane damage. I also will sometimes use AR and then spam FoK.

Lastly combat is more reliant on ApR than muti , its very important to get your hands on banner of victory and needle encrusted scorpion if you want the best out of combat pre raid gear. I was at 45% APR , at your gear level without even gemming APr, and had nearly 100% apr when trinket procced meaning big damage . You only have 20% APr , which is very low ( you aint ready to gem Apr, but you need gear that has it). Also your mh is all wrong , you would be better of getting nightime or the icc 5 man quest sword ( its too fast).

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...land&cn=Silkut

Thats my rogue, to give you an idea of what gear to get ( before raids i was using head of lethal intent and 4 piece conquest, and hhor boots, Pos belt and fos cape, with that gear i was doing 8k dps, i do about 10k dps now(thats about 6k-7k dps in heroics), I find that weird that it only went up by 2k after going up nearly two whole tiers in gear level, but then just testament to how liitle the gear stats actually increase from tier to teir).
    Last edited by Krays; 05-23-2010 at 07:43 PM.

"I've used Blade Furry > SS to 5 > SnD > SS to 5 > Rupture > SS to 5 > Envenom"
    First off, Envenom is bad for combat don't use it.

Second, your MH is terrible, you don't use two fast weapons as combat, you want one slow (2.4-2.7), and one fast (1.5-1.7),

Third, decide what your going to gem, use all (excluding Nightmare Tear) 20 ArmP, 20 Agi, or 20 AP. Not a mix.

a. If you're going to gem either AP or Agi, this should be the rotation: SSx however many you want I suggest 2-3, SnD, SSx5, Rupture, rinse and repeat. If you want to run Evis into your rotation do it after rupture, but only with 2-3 combo points. No matter how many combo points you have if SnD is about to fall, refresh it, other than that 5pt Rupture and try and squeeze in Evis.

b. If you're going to gem ArmP, this should be the rotation: SSx however many you want I suggest 2-3, SnD, get as many 5pt Eviscerates as possible, when at around 7 seconds on SnD get as many SS in as possible and then refresh SnD before it falls, rinse and repeat. Do not use rupture if your gemming ArmP.

Zxian and Evillinis are the only ones who seem to know what they are doing in this forum.

Also try and replace your PvP gear, get berserking on Scourgeborne Waraxe, and replace Bone Warden's Splitter with a slower weapon, even if its 232 ilevel, it will be better. And change the 32 AP gem to an epic gem. Enchant your gear, if its 232+ then it should have an enchant and epic gems.

Dropyoursoap Undermine.
    Last edited by Dropyoursoap; 05-23-2010 at 07:44 PM.

You completley neglected the cd usage then state a similar my SnD/evis rotation and then after say i dont know what im talking about ;s , any combat rogue that dont use cds as part of their rotation, will never do good dps.

Using rupture spec at his gear level is fail, and telling him to continue as that is also fail (although hes dressed like a scrub he has access to decent gear he obviouslly armouried a high level bis rogue ands copied him without thinking about it). To OP get the trinkets i described and then get to soft cap ApR( you can gem APr to reach APr soft cap then you gem Attack power on top, the guy above me is right about you but wrong in genral ,saying you only choose one , thats for people who are trying to reach hard cap) ( or as close you can), and respec to my spec, and start doing decent dps /;thread
    Last edited by Krays; 05-24-2010 at 05:41 AM.

Krays, I didn't see your post before I posted mine. And yeah I forgot about cooldowns sorry broseph.

Another thing to consider, and get in the habit of.... ENCHANTS!!!. You've got very few on your gear. Have a look at this link. It's your character on Wow-heroes.com, which most people use for gearscore, but I use it to make sure I've got all my gems and enchants in order. Anywhere you see a red X - fix it.

One last point.... stop being bad and using PvP gear. It's TERRIBLE for any sort of PvE encounters, since so much of the itemization goes into stamina and resilience.

1) Feet - ToC10 Beasts (Link) or ToC25 FC (Link)
    2) Wrists - Leatherworking crafted (Link - shouldn't cost more than ~500g) or Anub'Arak25 (Link)
    3) Cloak - This (dispite the vastly lower ilvl, it's better), this, or this.
    4) Head - 75 Triumph Badges gets you this. Start farming heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by furyz0r View Post
    Hi , I was looking for a Combat Rogue rotation but can't find anyone.
    I've used Blade Furry > SS to 5 > SnD > SS to 5 > Rupture > SS to 5 > Envenom , etc , but can't get more than 3k / 4k dps.
    Used Blade Furry > SS to 3 > SnD > SS to 3 > Rupture > SS to 5 > Envenom , etc , but can't get more than 3k / 4k dps.
    Used Blade Furry > SS to 3 > SnD > SS to 5 > Envenom , etc , but can't get more than 3k / 4k dps.

I know that something is missing, I use Adrenaline Rush aswell, but whatever.

Here is the link to armory, http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...=Meganf%C3%B3x

Thanks.

Hey man,

i understand what your saying, i used to find myself in your shoes. Mind you now im highly geared and pull off around 12k dps in icc 10, i can still help boost urs by atlest 4k.
    for my rotation, its simple, and a monkey could do it.
    SS to 3 combo points, then uses SnD, then 5 combo point eviserate, rinse and repeat. IMO fuck rupture it can be used but then i find to many people fuck up when using it, just do as many eviserates within the time fram of ur 3 piont slince and dice. also remember to throw up bladflurry and killing spree when best apllicable, same with adrenaline rush. here a link to my armory, spec your talent build adactly like mine. if you ever need any more help. make a level 1 toon on the server chromaggus and whisper a rogue named Renath. also disregard some of my shitty gear on the armory at this adact second, i was messing around with a friend and made my rogue into a tank lol. he actually does well.
    -

oh and i forgot to mention. get rid of ur fast mainhand and throw in a slow one, it will counteract with ur 50% reduction of damage to your offhand.
    also 2 slow weapons suck fuckign balls as a rogue, i didnt notice thats what you had at first, the first boss in icc 10m drops a better one, it will probly up ur dps by atleast 1-2k by iself

+ Reply to Thread