+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newish Pally tank LF Little help

Newish Pally tank LF Little help

Hey all,

So this is my first real 80. Ive been raiding ICC 10 and 25 man for about 2 months ish now and ive been able to build up a good amount of gear.. But im still noobish enough that everyones different opinions seem to be getting to me. Im always hearing stamina, stamina stamina.. then youll get the one person that's like.. why do you still stamina stack? And explains why i shouldnt..

Ive been gemming stamina. I like stamina. But i dunno im just looking really for someone to look at my guy and tell me I know what im doing or say other wise.

Just some random notes.. I hate dodge with the ICC debuff... Ive been sorta kinda looking for good parry items to make up for the dodge reduction.. which i feel ive been good at doing.

Im open to opinions... Again this is my first 80 and ive only been playing him for about 3 and a half months since i had triple XP.. kinda rushed him up. But check him out and tell me what you think ...

Id post a link.. but .. yeah i guess wow heroes me..

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tokentank View Post
    So this is my first real 80. Ive been raiding ICC 10 and 25 man for about 2 months ish now and ive been able to build up a good amount of gear.. But im still noobish enough that everyones different opinions seem to be getting to me. Im always hearing stamina, stamina stamina.. then youll get the one person that's like.. why do you still stamina stack? And explains why i shouldnt..
    The right thing to do is to stack stamina at the expense of almost everything else. The almost is where people tend to disagree - this is mostly nitpicking over tiny bonuses.
    Ive been gemming stamina. I like stamina. But i dunno im just looking really for someone to look at my guy and tell me I know what im doing or say other wise.
    Without an armory link, I can only really tell you that stamina gems are made of pure win.
    Just some random notes.. I hate dodge with the ICC debuff... Ive been sorta kinda looking for good parry items to make up for the dodge reduction.. which i feel ive been good at doing.
    Don't try to make up for the dodge loss - ignore it in your gearing choices.

Post an armory when you get the chance and I can check over your gear and the like and give some real advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

I'd stop putting Agi/Stam gems in slots where they're not picking up a socket bonus, and I'd definitely swap the Parry/Stam gem in your helm for an Agi/Stam one. Your chest should be enchanted with +275 health, not +200, and you shouldn't need Armsman on your gloves - 18 stamina or 20 agility or better survivability options.

You're missing out on a lot of threat by not having the Glyph of Seal of Vengeance and by not picking up Crusade. This is the cookie cutter spec, with the final major glyph being Judgement, Righteous Defense or Avenger's Shield. 3/3 Crusade is more threat than 5/5 Reckoning; see here for details. I'd replace that Glyph of HotR with the SoV glyph straight away - major glyph slots are too valuable to spend on optimising for trash.

I would also buy the Triumph badge armour trinket to replace the Ony one.

Oh And with my frost I was planning on getting my Cataclysmic Chest guard thing.... sooo that will get me expertise capped? Maybe.. And is that the right move? At first I didnt like losing dodge and parry... but ill be expertise capped and the armor and stamina area great.

m
    Last edited by tokentank; 05-24-2010 at 12:09 PM.

The Cataclysmic chest is an excellent piece. Definitely a good call on getting that next.

So right now im trying to convince myself to drop the Ony Trink for something better like Juggernaut's Vitality or Eitrig's Oath... And untill I get thos to drop the Armor trink you suggested. Im thinking ill try the armor out righ away.. but What about Corpse tongue? Lol ive won it 3 times and passed it up (Only because i had won gear from preivious bosses all 3 times and felt bad jacking all the loot) just because i didnt see a point.. but not i guess im starting too see .. but yeah an opinion on that?

Trinket slots are the single most efficient place to pick up stamina or armour at the cost of avoidance. Stamina/Stamina for magic-heavy fights, Stamina/Armour for most other things. Avoidance trinkets aren't good for much of anything in ICC, unfortunately.

+ Reply to Thread