Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Halion Encounter Guide [Live]

Most Dragons have parry haste enabled.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Mckyrrosi View Post
    One word...

Druid

Since the Twilight realm requires a fair amount of constant movement (possibly less, depending on your strat), and healing classes with instant or near instant heals (Resto druid, Disc priest, any others?) would be best suited for the twilight realm.
    Holy Priest [Renew, ProM, CoH, SoL FH, PW:S(+ B&S)]

I believe there is an enrage timer of 8 minutes.

Berserk(cast,buff)
    Instant
    Increases the caster's attack and movement speeds by 150% and all damage it deals by 500% for 5 minutes. Also grants immunity to Taunt effects.

not to sound like a dork or newb, but what is the name of the song which he says no time to lose....Defcon 1?

Looks like Parry Haste is indeed intended, along with the consequent tank damage spikyness. Oh well.

so my guild is trying to get down 10 man hard and I'm wondering if its possible to do it with 4 healers? with 3 healers when we lose one in phase 3 the whole thing just falls apart since 1 side will have only 1 healer. so I'm wondering if we can do 4 healers so one side isn't completely screwed if the healer dies and will we still be able to make the enrage timer?

Of the three, what kind of healers are they and what realm are they in during P3?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus View Post
    Of the three, what kind of healers are they and what realm are they in during P3?
    we were using a druid a shaman and a pally with the pally in the physical realm for phase 3.

This set up seems reasonable. I really do not recommend going to 4 healers, as 3 should have no issues with healing this encounter.

Is it possible to do with 4 healers? It really depends on the quality of your DPS. As I always say, the best strat is the one that works.

I would suggest trying again with the same set up and have your healers tighten their belts for P3. You druid should be able to keep up full HoT stacks on everyone in the shadow realm with your Shaman focusing on the MT, mixing in CH when needed. Your Paladin should have no issues with healing in the physical realm, as only 2 people at any given time should be taking any notice-able damage.

Which one is dying? That's the more important question. The only real rule I would say is to avoid having multiple holy paladins or multiple discipline priests on the same side. On 10 man, pretty much any healing class can handle the normal realm healing so long as people don't stand in fire. If you have a healer that isn't very good at running in circles, stick them in the normal realm.

Yes, optimally you would want your paladin there based on the class make-up, however the individual players skill at movement is of greater importance than their class. For instance if the tree can't dance, then your tree is no friend of mine and belongs in the normal realm instead of the paladin.

The berserk timer on normal is a bit generous overall so you can get by with 4 healers, though it shouldn't be necessary. It is more common for a 25 man raid to add additional healers to make the fight more managable (our first 25 man kill we used eight healers for instance to make it easier while learning).
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Does anyone know if they hotfixed the Grounding Totem trick for Halion? My group attempted to do it last week, but we were still getting Marks of Combustion out. We had two shaman, each in a different party, and they were dropping Grounding Totem when they could.

Maybe range issue? That's the only thing I can think of if the grounding totem trick still works.

We ended up clearing it on normal anyway, but I found it odd it wasn't working, but I hadn't seen anything new about it.

The grounding totem exploit has been fixed. Boss mechanics aren't meant to be grounded.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    The grounding totem exploit has been fixed. Boss mechanics aren't meant to be grounded.
    Unless its Razorscale. Hey-o!

It's possible to 4heal. For some reason, that's what we ended up doing. It took us way too long tho (like 25 or 30 attempts i think on the first night), and I think had we used 3 or even 2 healers we would have killed it much faster. Again, I'm really not sure what made them decide to use 4...

Being mainly 277 geared, 4 healing is not a problem at all. We did our first 10 heroic kill with 1:20 left til enrage without a Bloodlust/Heroism.

Our comp had:
    Top: Prot Warrior, Holy Paladin, Holy Priest, Warlock, Mage
    Bottom: Prot Paladin, Resto Druid, Holy Priest, Deathknight, Hunter

We have 1 priest and druid DPS in P1 and flip a little after the second Meteor.
    In P2, we do bring everyone below so that we still get Sunder rather than keeping the Prot Warrior and a healer up top (we didn't have any threat problems in 10 man, unlike 25, because there are no adds to have to build threat on in P3). We flip to P3 just as the 3rd Twilight Cutter is ending.
    P3, we start off having the bottom DPS slow a little while up top gets into position (and because below has all 4 DPS's DoTs and debuffs still rolling, giving them a significant advantage), but as soon as below gets to 60% Corporeality, we just have both teams go all out, all the time. The DPS seemed to balance naturally at 50% when one side has to move for Twilight Cutters or Meteor. When and of the DPS got a Debuff, they all could still DPS except for the DK, but hunter Kill Shots at sub-20% naturally balanced that slight loss of DPS later on.