+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Warr, been almost a year, what gear???

Prot Warr, been almost a year, what gear???

Hi all, similar to the posting the other day, i havent played in about 8-9 months, but i am a bit further down the totem pole on gear/stats. Started back up when WOTLK came out, hit 80, ran some 5-mans, stopped playing again, back into it 9 months later.
    22k health, 21k armor, 543 def.
    No clue where to start, should i just do older heroics for badges?

Quote Originally Posted by Grynchmeister View Post
    Hi all, similar to the posting the other day, i havent played in about 8-9 months, but i am a bit further down the totem pole on gear/stats. Started back up when WOTLK came out, hit 80, ran some 5-mans, stopped playing again, back into it 9 months later.
    22k health, 21k armor, 543 def.
    No clue where to start, should i just do older heroics for badges?
    Keep queing for random HC. You wont get the last 2 ICC ones anyways if you havent done the quest chain. You MAY also be told you cant que for those plus ToC HC without getting better gear first?
    ToC Normal and ICC normal instances also drops better gear than normal HC does anyways and the ICC instances drops emblem of triumph even in normal mode.

Run ToC normal until you get everything you can use from there.
    Run ToC heroic until the same
    Run the ICC regulars until you've got what you need
    Run the ICC heroics. Cry over how much HoR sucks and the neck NEVER drops.

Then just start farming the bejesus outta badges for whatever's left. Worked pretty well for me when I came back.

Quote Originally Posted by Eisen View Post
    Run ToC normal until you get everything you can use from there.
    Run ToC heroic until the same
    Run the ICC regulars until you've got what you need - Cry over how much HoR sucks and the shield never drop
    Run the ICC heroics. Cry over how much HoR sucks and the neck NEVER drops.

Then just start farming the bejesus outta badges for whatever's left. Worked pretty well for me when I came back.
    I fixed the one you forgot for you (bold)

Thanks, i started running ToC on reg. Got the legs and hands. Is it just me, or is this stuff way low on defense? The stat improvement has been minimal to say the least, and required some regemming too. (Now 23k health, 22k Armor) I picked up the Silver-Plated BattleChest as well, once i got it enchanted with +22 def, i bounced back from the ToC upgrades defense deficit.
    The boots in there arent better than what i have, and the belt will pull my defense below 540. Time for heroic ToC!

You also might check out the link in my signature. The guide has some "easy to get gear" and also has links to several other gearing guides throughout the site, I hope it helps!
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    You also might check out the link in my signature. The guide has some "easy to get gear" and also has links to several other gearing guides throughout the site, I hope it helps!
    I have, its an excellent guide thanks! Reading through some of the other threads on here, noticably, http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f175/...ob-threat.html
    I see i need to tweak my spec, my glyphs, and my rotation. I see there are some crafted pieces i can buy, just need to raise the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Grynchmeister View Post
    Is it just me, or is this stuff way low on defense? The stat improvement has been minimal to say the least, and required some regemming too. (Now 23k health, 22k Armor)
    To answer your question simply...Yes. The tank gear doesn't quite get up to par and doable without enchants until you start upgrading from 232 items to 245 and above. Unfortunately the 200-232 ilevel gear requires swapping enchants and sometimes gems almost every upgrade due to the nature of the stats...it sucks but we all have gone through it.
    Noob Prot Pally - Armory

Man, deployments really kill progession.....
    Stuck farming frost badges, guess ill learn to pvp...
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Beerthirty

Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by Grynchmeister; 05-21-2010 at 09:09 PM. Reason: added armory

+ Reply to Thread