+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DK Questions! Leveling and early 80

DK Questions! Leveling and early 80

So, I can't seem to level a DK. I have an 80 in every other class except mage. My friend swears by blood leveling with a good 2h, and I'll admit it is insanely powerful, given all my heirlooms, but it just doesn't excite me. I tried unholy for a little while, and that was really exciting, so I will most likely give that another go.

I also do tons of random lfg while I level, and I fouind the unholy rotation to be much more pleasing. Any tpis for leveling unholy? I will be using the 2h heirloom axe.

Also, I know that DW unholy used to be beast back in the day, and it seems like there are a ton of talents in unholy that would lend really well to a DW spec. Does it still have any viability, or is my nostalgia creeping up on me again?

Also, if someone could refresh me on the basic UH rotation, I would appreciate it.

Honestly there is no point in trying a set rotation when leveling because of how fast mobs die. I level as Blood (working on 2nd DK now) and it's usually apply diseases and then either HS or DS. Same goes for Unholy except replace HS with SS. Blood is just overpowered for leveling because of it's ability to self heal while dealing damage at the same time. I think I was level 62 when I soloed the Overlord quest

But if you really insist, the standard rotation for non-Reaping is - IT, PS, BS, SS, BS then RP dump (DC/RS). The second part is SS, BS, SS, BS, dump.

Levelling a DK was so damn easy and fun. I did it as frost.

Blood would defiantly make healing a lot easier, but with frost you have all these AoE crits through the killing machine talent and howling blast, so killing 10+ mobs at a time is never a problem for a DK.

Good luck

Thank you bling. I know that most mobs die before I even get off a SS sometimes, but since I do tons of dungeons, I like to practice my rotations and prove my competence from a low level. Who knows, maybe someone I dungeon with at 64 will be someone I dungone with at 80. It would be nice to be remembered and vouched for.

+ Reply to Thread